My Chase application experience

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, Oct 24, 2001.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

Applied a few months ago for a Chase Gold. Declined.
    Asked for reconsideration. Declined.
    Asked for further reconsideration and furnished additional information. Declined after pulling another report.

A few days ago I decided to re-apply, this time for the Chase Platinum, because if you can't get it they also consider you for the Classic. Got the "we will notify you in 30 days" message.

Was approved yesterday for the Chase Platinum, $10,000 credit line :)

The rep said they have a special promotion now. He didn't say whether it meant more relaxed credit approval standards.

Saar

2. Saar

Saar Banned

BTW, if anyone knows Chase's policy regarding limit increases, APR cuts, combining, converting, retention, etc. -- speak up :)

Saar

3. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Saar, when Daddy gets up at 3 a.m. to help Mommy with the 4 month old baby, what does he do next? Creditnet!

Congratulations on the Chase Platinum! Questions: Which CRA file did they pull, and what's your score there?

Thanks,

Doc

4. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Congratulations Saar!! If anyone deserves it, it's you.
    Chase has been great. I haven't had a problem with them yet. Unfortunately, I haven't tested the waters with limit increases or retention yet. However, I will be calling soon to get a lower interest rate. I will let you know how that goes (if you haven't beat me to it :-D )I know they will lower it more than the initial rate you are given.
    Chase does send excellent offers for balance transfers. Enjoy!!

5. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

Congratulations on Chase Platinum...

I have not applied fo this card,but perhaps now that you mentioned the"special promotions" offer.

Sorry that I currently have no input for these guys,but will advise of my outcome.

Sister Girl

6. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Congrats!!! What are the terms Saar?

7. Saar

Saar Banned

They pulled TU, but wouldn't say what my score was.

The way I see it, Chase's superiority is not in offering attractive permanent APRs, but in making attractive BT offers every now & then.

New Platinum accounts now come w/ a 11.49% - 13.49% APR (unless you already have a relationship w/ them). Needless no say, I won't be revolving a dime at that interest rate. I'll either seek a permanent APR cut or use it strictly for BT's.

Saar

8. Beaker

Beaker Well-Known Member

Can you apply for this special promo online? I kept getting denied by Chase, but now my TU score is up from 640 to 728 after removing the civil suit from my report, so I think I may have a shot!

9. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

FYI....

I applied like 2 months ago (I knew they would check TU). I called to see if I could get a reconsideration. They said no. They also stated that any BK's, chargeoffs, or collections (even if they are PAID) are STILL an automatic denial with no reconsideration. I have 2 paid chargeoffs from Ford Credit and Target (Target removed it from my other 2 reports except this one? Better start disputing...). Then I have a paid $80 collection for some bogus dentist bill that they say I didn't pay in time but I did. I have proof but didn't really care cause it was only on TU and no one in my area (except Chase) uses TU. Just sharing info....

10. Flagirl

Flagirl Well-Known Member

Re: SAAR

How long after you got the 30 day notice did you call? And what was the number you called.

I just applied and got the same notice.
    Thanks!
    Flagirl

11. mambomn

mambomn Well-Known Member

Re: SAAR

Applied on-line and received the message "your application needs further review before possible approval." Called in next day to check application status and was informed by CSR that my application had been declined due to two 30 day lates (Jan 01 and Nov 00)on my Sears account. Everything else on my TU report was good- 0 inquiries, 70% available credit, R1 and I1 on all accounts. Also, my TU score was 820! I asked the rep to confirm my credit score, but she said that she was not allowed to disclose this information; all she would confirm was that they pulled TU report. I spoke to a supervisor who told me that Chase policy is not to issue CC to anyone with multiple delinquincies within past year.
    The supervisor suggested that I reapply in Dec. when one of my lates ages past one year.
    Anyway, I will try again through PFB.....didn't know that Chase is so strict.

12. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad. They gave me the same song and dance and rather rudely in a letter.

I don't want to deal with them anyways if they're that snooty. What bugs me is they named 2 accounts that SUPPOSEDLY got taken off by TU three months ago!!!

13. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

My story:

Chase sent me something in the mail (not a pre-approval, just one of their general invites to apply) and I knew they would pull TU. I had at that time a score of 737 and one paid tax lien from 1996, and a paid GMAC chargeoff from 1995. I was approved for the platinum, $5k limit, 15.9% (I think)

They wont budge on apr, but I used it for a BT and I just transferred that balance from Chase to BofA. so we'll see what happens.

14. Tony V.

Tony V. Well-Known Member

Has anyone had any luck upgrading from Gold to Platinum and did you get to keep the same account Number?

I tryed many times for a apr reduction, currently at 14.65%...The lady i spoke to in retention, then said " So do you want to close your account today?" never been late, been a customer for ONE year now....never run a balance, this may be why......

Tony Verrengino
    San Diego, Ca

15. mindylou

mindylou Well-Known Member

Congrats Saar on your new Chase Card, I just recently applied for plat card but got the regular card with 3000cl and like 16% apr. I did have 1 neg on my report a pd tax lien from 96. I would also like to know about cl increase and getting apr lowered.

mindy

16. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Chase is pretty good to work with.

The auto-limit-increase is pretty lame - they claim to review every few months (lots of soft inquiries on my TU and Experian) ... pretty small increases. They ALWAYS pull a hard inquiry (and the credit review folks have to review all limit increases - CSRs and retention can't do anything on limits). In July they said "no way- too many recent accounts" but in September they gave me +$6k. I guess it's all in the timing.

The rates also aren't negotiable, but who cares, they always have a good BT offer available (current one is 0% until March 02!). Average out the BT rates with the higher rates, and it's a good overall deal. Couple that with a Shell rebate or Continental miles and it's an AWESOME deal.

I have gotten some odd "if you want to transfer more than your available credit of $xx, your limit will automatically be increased to $xx..." notices- but they only do the increase if you do the BT. Boomerang a balance to get the higher limit, I suppose, but with everyone (almost) charging BT fees, you have to watch it.

-mj

17. Saar

Saar Banned

Good point, MJ.

Chase's cardmember agreement now allows them to charge a $50-fee per BT, but everyone I've asked here insisted that they haven't charged him/her yet.

Saar

18. Flagirl

Flagirl Well-Known Member

How long do I need to wait before I call and check on the status?

Does anyone have the phone number?

Do I get a real person or automated line? If it's a real person, do they act rudely if you're not approved...I hate being declined! That's why I won't do instant approvals...I get embarrassed.

If it's a real person, what do I say to them? "I'm checking the status"...then if I'm denied do I have options?
    THANKS!
    Flagirl

19. the other

the other Well-Known Member

They have yet to offer me anything lower than my standard rate for bts. I keep calling and asking and I am always told there is nothing available. I have even sent a letter via Planet Feedback and received no response.

20. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have Chase Gold for 10 months now. Asking for credit line increase, got response that they will pull hard inquiry only. Asking for lower APR with no luck.