My Credit Card Plans

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PSUgirl, May 25, 2001.

1. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

These are the plans for the credit cards that I currently have.

Now:
    1. citi clickAA O balance 1000 limit
    2. citi drivers edge (student) 0 balance 900 limit
    3. citi platinum select 0 balance 2500 limit
    4. providian 61.88 bal 200 limit
    5. capital one 1376.77bal 2400 limit
    6. GM card 1233.00bal 1500 limit
    7. Household card 665.14 bal 1500 limit
    8. MBNA CC 1520.71 bal 1000 limit

Plan:
    1. Tranfer mbna balance of 1520.71 at 18.4%apr to the citi platinum select at 2.99% promo for 9 months.

2. MBNA now gone!

3. Transfer 800 of the 1376.77 capital one bal at 18% to Household card at 3.9% for 6 nonths.

4. Ask capital one to unsecure my card ***DID THAT TODAY*** and up me to a gold card.

5. Put my capital one card in the closit and ONLY use it for SMALL purchases.

6. Pay off providian in full

7. Only use providian for gas

8. Pay down balances

9. Put away the GM card, citibank, and household card untill paid off.

10. convert my citi student drivers edge to a citi student dividend card for cash back!

11. convert my citi click AA to the citi click platinum for cash back!

12. Eventually Ill carry around only the citi student (cash back), GM card (5% rebate on new car) and everything else will be left at home!

Thats all for now, Ill keep posting on my update.

psugirl

2. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

#2 MBNA Gone - And I thought you were true MBNA?

3. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

The MBNA card that is listed was my FIRST credit card from 1998. I learned about credit cards with that card. I had problems, they have helped me out. as you can see, my balance is well over my limit. and, ive paid on time for about a year and a half up to now to build my relationship back with them.

The account is already closed, so it pays no use.

I wanted to build a relationship with them again so that next summer i can apply for the MBNA people card (for employees only ) fixed at 8% and i can feel confident that i will get it.

So, im am still loyal to my bank. I have several other accounts with them that are not credit cards. But, I received ny MBNA credit card (penn state alum student card) when i started college, before i started to work for MBNA!

psugirl