My "Credit Portfolio"

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PSUgirl, Sep 5, 2001.

1. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

I got my first credit card back in 1998, as a fresh fish in college. I got my first loan back in 1998 also. I had some problems with credit back then because i didnt know what i was getting into. I brough books, researched, got a job at a credt card company...did what i had to do to learn all about credit. I got rid of credit for a year and reestablished my self.

today i have accomplished the following credit on my own with no one's help (im pretty proud to say that):

Providian visa 1000 cl (new card)
    Capital One gold visa 3300 cl
    Discover classic 1000 cl (student card)
    Citibank Platinum 5400 cl
    GM card 1500 cl
    Household bank mc 1500 cl
    Spiegal FCNB charge 400 cl
    Lerner NY and Company fashion charge 250.00 cl
    GMAC car loan ~22000

Just thought Id share!
    psugirl

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I SEE YOU HAVE CITIBANK AND CAPITAL ONE...two more I can't get!!!

:(

3. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry George :( If I was the lender, I'd give them to you....

4. Saar

Saar Banned

Have you tried your employer (MBNA) ?

Saar

5. river

river Well-Known Member

Good question Saar!!!

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Well, you know what they say....

If you can't get it, maybe you don't want it???

7. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

I will not apply for MBNA until Im very sure that I will be approved for the MBNA people card. 8.9 fixed. Its well worth it... My goal is to get MBNA people card and Amex. So, when im sure that im ready to get them, ill apply, theres no rush on my part. Im also waiting for my car loan to age atleast a year.

So, thats why...Im o.k. with waiting!

psugirl

8. AJiLE

AJiLE Well-Known Member

I guess perhaps I'm just getting to the point of absolute frustration. My credit profile looks like this:

Cap1: 200cl
    KMart Cap1: 200cl
    Target: 200cl
    WFFinancial (Installment): 16,500 - balance 2800 (paid off nlt 3/02)

A bunch of old negatives, and scores that don't seem to do me alot of good (except to get small cl cards):

EX: 577
    EQ: 625
    TU: 542

it appears that by the end of 2003 MOST of my negatives should be off, and all by the end of 2005 (2 judgements nailed me, one satisfied, one almost satisfied but still showing full balance).

If only I'd filed bk instead, I'd have been through this already and on my way... :(

A. J.

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Yeah, really!! What a system! Pay and you're buried forever, BK and you're home free.

10. Saar

Saar Banned

Care to elaborate on this card, or compare it w/ the Quantum? Thanks.

Saar

11. amaineman

amaineman Well-Known Member

AJiLE Cap 1

Ajile

If your Cap 1 card is at least six months old you should be eligible for an increase. When you call to check your balance try the automated option.

If it is too soon try planet feedback, simply state that the available credit line is not enough to meet your needs.

They should bump you from $200 to $500. You will get an e-mail asking you to call the rep in the advocates office. These days seems to be Mr. Cooke.

12. c1a1d

c1a1d Member

the people card is the employee card

13. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Elaborate??
    You cant get the card unless your employed with MBNA for at least 6 months. Its the mbna "people" card.