My DMB experience

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by CCMax, Dec 28, 2000.

1. CCMax

CCMax Guest

Hi all,

Just curious as to what you think is happening. I got the partially secured ($99/$500) DMB card a year ago. Never late, have always paid more than monthly minimums. In fact, during months where I didn't pay in full, I at least paid half the total balance to let them make some interest off of me. Well, after the year was up, I asked for the increase and to unsecure the card, and was denied. The letter said to write some division to find out why. Any ideas? I'm really pissed because I have been better than good with this card--no slip ups, and now for my reward, what, another year of 15-day waiting periods on a low limit, subprime card? Why did this happen? I also feel stuck, cause even though I have really cleaned up my credit, this is my oldest revolving account and I'm scared to close it. But I really feel like giving DMB the bird.

CC

2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

I can relate to your experience. I am very disgusted with dmb. i have had their card partially secured $99 for $500 limit since 11/99. My one year review came around and no increase and no refund of the deposit. I have called and complained to spoke to various managers at the bank and all tell me the same thing that i have been review and that at this time i get nothing. i have never been overlimit, past due etc. i have maintained perfect account and this is how they treated me. i did however speak to the retention dept and threatened to close, after arguing they gave me a 20.00 courtesy credit. so i guess that makes my annual fee for the year to be 10.00. they are stingy with unsecuring the acct. i am now told that i must wait another year for another review. they suck. they don't hold my payments though. of course i never send more than 75.00 at one time as if you send over a certain amount they are held for 15days. i am almost ready to give them the bird and close the account. i am exasperated with them to say the least but i know how you feel and can relate to your experience as i am in the same boat. Good luck
    !!

3. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I have had nothing but a bad experience from DMB. I had to send letters to the BBB to get them to take these BS service charges off my account (Purchaseshield and Credit something). I closed the account and got an unsecured Capital One card. MCI is even paying my annual fee for switching to them. I wonder what offer ATT with counter with...
    Anyway, stay away from DMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mike

4. Killer

Killer Guest

CCMax and Joe,

Did DMB report to either of the bureaus? If so, which one(s) and when did the report first appear? They haven't been reporting mine. I know I can fax Metris and get it reported but I don't want it to show yet. However, I still would like to know when and which bureau.

Thanks

5. CCMax

CCMax Guest

DMB reports to my Experian and Equifax. It took about six months for them to report. When I had had the card a few months, I called and asked about it, and was told they had just started to report at the time. A few weeks later, they showed up.

But I must say my experience with them is getting progressively worse. I don't know how much more I can stand. How long does subprime hell last?

CC

6. Killer

Killer Guest

LOL...It lasts until all negatives are gone or paid-off and old!

7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

yes they are reporting to transunion and equifax, they don't seem to update every month though and my best guess is that they update quarterly.

8. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

I don't have bad experiences with DMB other
    than reporting 6 months later after
    establishing acct.
    To me it's a prime card. No fee,low apr,high
    limit,auto increase,and good customer services.

CCMax wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Hi all,

Just curious as to what you think is happening. I got the partially secured ($99/$500) DMB card a year ago. Never late, have always paid more than monthly minimums. In fact, during months where I didn't pay in full, I at least paid half the total balance to let them make some interest off of me. Well, after the year was up, I asked for the increase and to unsecure the card, and was denied. The letter said to write some division to find out why. Any ideas? I'm really pissed because I have been better than good with this card--no slip ups, and now for my reward, what, another year of 15-day waiting periods on a low limit, subprime card? Why did this happen? I also feel stuck, cause even though I have really cleaned up my credit, this is my oldest revolving account and I'm scared to close it. But I really feel like giving DMB the bird.

CC