my father is dead

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Sue, Apr 5, 2001.

  1. Sue

    Sue Guest

    Where can I alert the credit company that my father is dead and his so called girlfriend is using his card and she is not an authorized signer or user? She tried to use it to pay for my father's funeral ($10,000) but the funeral home reversed it and said that we cannot use a dead man's credit card.
  2. Dustin

    Dustin Well-Known Member

    Sorry to hear about your Dad.
    You can call the credit card company, and let them know that he passed away, and they will cancel the card. They might need a certificate of death or something, though. And when they find that there are charges after his death, they will probably do a fraud investigation...


    GEORGE Well-Known Member

    might need a certificate of death or something

    He probably at one time couldn't get a card when when he was he has died and it is hard to get rid of a card.

    Call all his companies A.S.A.P. and notify them...
  4. Tracy

    Tracy Guest

    Re: Sue I've been here too

    It's not easy and I know nothing people say will make things better but may God take his soul and may the creditors take his debt. When my father passed on, they only wanted a copy of the death certificate faxed or mailed to them. Once they see that, they will back down and vanish faster than the road runner.

Share This Page