My First BT on my First Prime Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dsl, Oct 2, 2003.

1. dsl

dsl Member

I've been visiting this site everyday since August 1st. I have gained a lot of knowledge and confidence in handling credit.

So, yesterday I made my first bt on my new Citi Platinum card 9.99%. $1700 transferred from my FNANB card at 14.4%. The gal goes is that it? Imagine me, grining like a cheesy cat, "Oh, yeh that's all I owe!"

Just wanted to say thanks

DSL

2. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Great! Feels good, doesn't it?

I don't know if you know this or not, but with Citi, you can take a balance transfer as a check sent to you. So if you need to make a large purchase, make some repairs or something, and the BT rate is lower that the rate you would pay by financing whatever other means you would use, get a check payable to yourself, put it in the bank and pay for whatever it is that you need.

3. dsl

dsl Member

Yes, it does feel good! It's good to know that a can get a bt transfer as a check. I just may do that after paying 2/3 of this down.

Hedwig...............thanks

4. iambroke

iambroke Well-Known Member

Just be careful with those balance transfer checks. Some banks charge 3% fee to do that. Find out the fees before transfering any money using a CC check.

5. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Wait for Citi to send a BT offer that says no BT fees, then call them and ask for a check made out to you. Sometimes they send checks you can write to yourself, sometimes not.

With Citi, I usually call.