my gf just celebrated 1 year!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Jun 19, 2001.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Pisses me off.

1 year of credit a week ago.

Today she got her MBNA (3.9 APR for 6 months, 13.9% afterward) $5500 limit.

Started with cap 1 $500 secured card.
    Same month get a $200 macy's

7 month-later got a $1000 citibank platinum select
    9th month- New car loan $30K
    10th month- rooms2go $2500 line (0% interest)
    11th month- nuther citibank $2000 platinum
    12th month- mbna $5500

Makes me mad i've been working for over 14 months and only have one decent card (citibank platinum $4k) because ive been rebuilding.

arghhh

2. dave

dave Well-Known Member

This kind of illustrates the point that credit rebuilding is alot more difficult than credit building. It took me 6 years to dig out of my credit mess. When I took out a car loan in 1992, the APR was 25%! In 1994, I had two secured cards with total limits of $1100 and APRs near 20. Now my limits are 75K and the APR range on most of the cards is between 9-13% with lots of teasers thrown in. I also just took out a car loan at 8.9. I'll never let my credit get trashed again. It's too much work and too expensive to clean it up.

3. john

john Well-Known Member

Get yourself another Citi card...it's easy if you already have one.

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

trust me i've tried. citi wont give me squat. not even an increase. DENIED.

Makes you wonder, if i had done the "bad" thing and started a segragate file i would have had awesome credit by now.

But alas, thats illegal, and im not doing that.

Anyways. I think i'll be okay in several years. You do the crime (bad credit!) you do the time.

For folks that are starting out fresh, with no credit, i hope thats some inspiration. 1 year to go from nothing to prime , wow. back in the days when i first got credit it took a lot of time!!