My Judgment Follow-up

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Jan 23, 2001.

  1. Cadillac408

    Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

    O.k. after several phone calls today, I have found this out:

    I contacted the court and got the proper form off of the web (Motion to Vacate Judgment). I was instructed to fill this out and mail to the court along w/ $14 and a self addressed stamped envelope! I guess they will be sending me info in the envelope.

    Here is a copy of the form:

    I'm guessing that American General won't even bother showing up to court seeing that the judgment was paid and released. But I guess I'll have to show up to court 2 hrs away! Oh well.....ANTHING TO GET THIS OFF OF MY EXPERIAN REPORT!!!!!!

    I would personally like to thank everyone who has helped me deal with this. Looks like there will FINALLY be a means to an end in this matter. Thanks!

  2. Julie

    Julie Guest

    I, too, have several PAID judgements on my report. They are all paid in full. Are you saying a person can REMOVE the judgements from report if they are paid? I am confused. Can I totally get these paid judgements off my report, or will they stay on as a "paid judgement "for 7 years?thanks
  3. Cadillac408

    Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

    My thinking is this:

    Did you take a look at the form that I posted? Well, when I filled mine out, in the area where it requested reason, I put that I had paid the judgment on xx date and it was released by the company on xx date. The motion to vacate is basically to have the judgment remove from record. It is my assumption that American General will not contest this. Why would they? They have been paid their money.

    When you paid your judgment, how did you pay it? Through the courts or to the original creditor? I can see where if you paid through the courts that they would mark it as paid. You should then be able to do what I did (submit a motion to vacate). I don't know where you live but I would try it and see what happens????? Call the court that has your judgment and ask to speak to someone in small claims advice (I think that's what it is called). They can instruct you on what to do.

    Anyone else have any legal info to contribute????
  4. Julie

    Julie Guest

    Well, I refinanced my home, and paid off the judgements in cash (check) to the original creditors. It actually took over 3 years for them to even mark PAID on the judgements. Can you beleive it? I had to refinance my home to pay those bastards, then they can't even call the court and tell them they were paid!! So, yeah, I paid them with check. I will try what you said, I have 6 (I think) paid ones, if I can get them OFF my report, then all I have is the ( terrible, I know) BK on there. Also, does anyone know, if items on a report are included in BK, do they stay listed seperately in BK, or should they all come off, and just list I had a BK? Anyone?
  5. Saar

    Saar Banned

    Too bad, MP$40, that is normally not a cause to vacate a judgment. It now depends on the judge, who may dismiss your motion for lack of cause, or grant it for lack of response from plaintiff.

  6. Larry

    Larry Guest

    Just inform the courts the judgement was serviced improperly (even if that wasn't the case)... That's a strong enough reason for the judge not to dismiss your case.

  7. wow

    wow Guest

  8. Cadillac408

    Cadillac408 Well-Known Member


    When I spoke w/ AG yesterday, they stated that I needed to contact the court and see if they still had it as an open collectable judgment (which they did). AG then told me if that was the case, to call them back and they would take care of it (i.e. file a motion to vacate). This was the deal all along (sorry if my story was unclear...I just couldn't remember the proper termanology that was used when I made the deal w/ AG). In retrospect (now I remember...duh!), once I received the papers stating that the loan was paid in full (i.e. the title to the car and the loan contracted stamped PIF) I was to go to my local AG branch and have THEM draw up the paperwork (motion to vacate I'm assuming) and then I had to file the paperwork w/ the court (2 hrs away). Now that my memory has been refreshed. That's what the whole plan was and I guess after I got the papers, I didn't go down to the branch (don't know why? I guess I forgot about that part of the deal). I assumed that they were going to file the papers automatically themselves. I basically did what THEY were supposed to do and that was file the motion. That's what they were going to do if I called them back today. I just didn't want to wait on someone to get this done so I did it myself and it's in the mail and gone!

Share This Page