My Junum update :o(

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mimi, Apr 17, 2001.

1. mimi

mimi Guest

Things are not looking so good. I just received word from Experian that they received my dispute. They disputed an account and Experian claims that since this was disputed previously, they will not re-investigate. Now what? The other account are still pending until May.

What happens now?

2. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Which round is this for you?

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Is Experian the only one

Are they the only ones to do this?? I have always heard this from Experian disputes never Equifax or TU. I have literally disputed an item 4 times in a row with Equifax until they have gotten it right and have never been told that they would not reinvestigate it??

Mom

4. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

I would also call Junum and asked how they disputed (i.e. not mine, payment history, etc.). They can reword the dispute and resend it, being more detailed and it will much more likely get investigated. If the CRA prev received a "not mine" dispute and it was worded the same way, they won't reinvestigate.

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Good suggestion, Hal

I like that, Hal..and think its a great idea!

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me...

Experian turned down a couple of my disputes via Junum because they were previously investigated, etc. I haven't gotten confirmation of disputes from Experian from my 3rd round w/ Junum yet. But when I do, I'll post if Experian is still refusing to dispute items.

7. mimi

mimi Guest

This is my 1st round

I did previously dispute (on my own) as "not mine". But is was over 3 months or so. Is there some kind of time limit? TU just told me that they received my disputes...nothing further. No notification from Equifax, they are really stubborn.

8. chriscraft

chriscraft Well-Known Member

Re: Experian Sucks

I have had the exact same results with Experian disputes that Mimi did. Today, I received back two separate reports from them, each claiming that the disputed items "were previously investigated" and that they were not going to do any further investigation. They also sent me another letter that rejected my disputes of two negative items, claiming that my disputes did not tell them "specifically why the items were not accurate" and that I had to resubmit my dispute letters with more specificity.

These types of responses from Experian are absolutely typical in my experience. Experian sucks.

9. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Chris

Do not resubmit with more specificity! Under the 5th amendment you cannot incriminate yourself. The CRA should be able to verify with minimal information. If they cannot, they must delete!

Erica

10. 9879888

9879888 Guest

Re: Experian Sucks

Can't we do someting to Exp if they will not hear you out who gives them the right to just report what the heck they chose you know

11. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Same here!

I also got the same problem from Experian. I hired Junum after I tried to dispute on my own 4 months ago as "not mine". And 1 round with Junum I got the letter from Experian "were previously investigated" and that they were not going to do any further investigation.

Aux

12. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Re: Same here!

Same thing happend to me. I think my issue is that Junum sent disputes to CRA and at the bottom of the account that was previously investigated, they have "sold to NCO". Now what? I thought Junum would have seen this and went about it in a different way. What can I do on this end?