My Last Word on Lexington Ltrs

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, Apr 10, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Okay -- Lexington has posted sample letters on the board which will be there for another 24 hours. As of now, I officially out of the Lexington letter remailing business. Dozens of you have emailed me for a copy of the letter I received and with very few exceptions I have responded.

We now have an official response from the company about their letters, and an explaination of why they feel the letters are effective. Frankly I think this is information that Lexington should provide all new clients. I think they are starting to "get it" now. My purpose for posting about the subject has been served.

Thanks everyone for the interesting discussions about this topic. I will continue to post about Lexington as I see results.

2. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

where are they posted?

What's the URL?

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Here

http://consumers.creditnet.com/phorum/read.php?f=1&i=49168&t=48817

I did a search for the words "here letters"

4. Tana

Tana Guest

Re: Here

Omigod this WORKS?????

5. N'awlins

N'awlins Guest

These letters are a joke! This confirms the theory of doing it yourself.

6. curiouser

curiouser Well-Known Member

I'd be interested to see Lex's stats on the success of these letters. There may be a method to their seeming madness, particularly if these letters aren't the first ones out of the gate. For eighteen months I was unsuccessfully disputing an account with Experian. They were reporting an account as open when I had closed it. There was nothing negative about the account but it was dragging my FICO down a bit because it looked like I had more available credit than necessary. I sent letters, Chase Manhattan sent letters and Experian kept verifying the account as open. My letters were firm and cordial. Except for the last one. I admit I snapped when I opened a credit report yet again verifying an account that everyone (me, Chase, Equifax and TU) agreed was closed. My letter was scrawled in red pen on the back of a flyer for a chinese restaurant (no joke). I think I used the term imbeciles and I know I used the phrase "legally actionable malicious incompetence." I dropped it in the mailbox and immediately regretted it. For whatever reason, that letter worked. (I think they had visions of a crazed woman showing up in Tyler, TX with violence in her heart.) Would I do it again? Probably not. But Lex may be onto something. I don't know of any law firm that knowingly and repeatedly uses unsuccessful strategies.