my letter to collection agency....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LKH, Jul 22, 2001.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

that placed an entry on my report Friday. They have never notified me by mail or phone and I have no idea what this debt is.
    I would like any opinions suggestions as I am sending this out tomorrow morning.

Thanks

MEDICAL DATA SYSTEMS INC
    PO BOX 938
    VERO BEACH, FL 32961

RE: account #xxxxxxx

To Whom It May Concern:

It has recently come to my attention that you have placed an entry on my credit bureau files. You have failed to notify me about this alleged debt. Your failure to notify me by mail, thereby giving me 30 days to dispute this debt or request validation of this debt, is a violation of the FCRA and FDPA. Per these laws, it is my right to dispute the validity of this debt within the prescribed 30 days, thereby prohibiting you from further action until validated including reporting of this alleged debt to the credit bureaus.

The solution is simple. I am DEMANDING that you remove all entries from my credit bureau files, this includes all 3 credit reporting agencies, immediately. You have 5 days from the date of this letter to do so. Should you fail to so, per my attorneys advice, I will report you to the FTC, my state Attorney General, and I will immediately file legal action in my jurisdictional court house.

Sincerely,

LKH

cc:my attorney

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

It's great! but change FDPA to FDCPA.

breeze