my mastercard backs are all up

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Jan 14, 2001.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

If i take my mastercard, flip it on the "Y" axis to the right, the writing on the back is all upside down :)

my visa's aren't.

wierd.

2. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

RE: my mastercard backs are al

Sam,

Both of my Cap One cards (MC and VISA) are upside down, as you describe. Hmmmmm.

Cheers,
    Cindy

3. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

RE:Capital One

Humm,could this be a sign of subprime?

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

It is not a sign of sub prime. I have cards that have the bigger stripes and I have cards that have the smaller stripes. All sub prime

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

my citi platinum select isn't subprime (Ask roni!) and its upside. I just noticed it the other day when i laid all my plastic out for condition assessment (ie cap 1 is wore out!)

6. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Providian

My Providian Gold's back is upside down But my Aria isn't...I wonder?

7. Larry

Larry Guest

RE: AMEX??

How about AMEX? are they upside down too? that should enforce your speculations(sub-prime/prime). :)

8. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

my cards....

You guys made me curious and I've checked my cards:

Citi Platinum Select Mastercard and Providian Visa Classic (the silver one with a big P on it) they're both upside down.

Discover Platinum, MBNA Visa Platinum and both my Visa Check cards (First Union and Summit) are correct.

I also have an Associates Visa Classic, but I don't carry it with me... so I cannto check it right now

9. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

sorry. previous post was in the wrong place. I was responding to the post about the magnetic stripes.

10. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

RE: AMEX??

NOPE! All three of my cards backs are NOT upside down. They do have bigger mag strips than all my other cards. The mag strip on my new Citi card is not black but navy blue though????

11. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Ok, nobody here has worked retail I see :)

When you swipe a card (on most systems) the back is facing you and the stripe is down ... thus, your card isn't upside down to the clerk who is supposed to check your signature.

Why they don't all do it is a mystery to me. Then again, how many clerks really check your signature anyway?

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I DO EVERY TIME I RUN A REGISTER...
    AT WAL*MART