My New Car Approval!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PSUgirl, Jun 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

MJ really is giving excellent advice! :) When the newness wears off, maybe PSUgirl will reread this thread and it will help! :)

2. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Jim and MJ

Thank you for your advice. I'm not too happy with that rate, but....like you said, its a done deal. I have a new car and a 15584.70 dollar car loan that will bring me luck in the future. Im sure it its not going to be easy, nothing ever is for me, except for getting men! (lol) Im going to make the best out of the situation. I love my car. I think i deserve it. If i have to work harder for it and pay more money than the average college student with parents that buy their car for them, then i think its worth it. Im use to earning the things that i have.

I have had so much luck throughout this past year. God has opened doors for me left and right. I live i very nice, but expensive, appt, with rommies. I make an exceptual amount of money, for a college student. My job loves me. I get my tuition reimbursed 12000 a year (thats extra money that I have nothing to do with, but pay my car) I also make around 20088 (hourly + incentives) per year. I also have tuition refund from penn state, because i dont live on campus (of around 8000 per year). So, all other things aside....If i keep my other bills LOW, i should have no problem paying my car payments on time all the time.

My father put me on a budget. He's good at that kinda stuff. He's apart of the board of directors for a large company (no names please :) ) I actually have a surplus income after all my bills are paid, so i will be able to start to save!

I will not give up though, I am going to call GMAC, am ask them to lower my rate and im going to be persistant. We'll see what happens.

Im happy that i have a new car, i deserve it. Im happy that i have my credit together now also and that i have been able to obtain credit on my own without having to pay crazy fees. Im good for now, now more credit inquires, but in the mean time, ill let junum work on my reports and better them!:

Capital one gold: 2700 limit
    GM card 1500 limit
    Household card 1500 limit
    Citibank platinum dividend: 4400 limit
    Discover classic: 1000 limit
    Speigel charge: 400 limit
    NY and Company fashion charge: 250 limit
    GMAC auto loan: 15584.70 (the amount financed)

(I am combining the Household onto the GM so that i will have 4 majors, 2 store, and an auto loan)

psugirl

3. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Opps, Sorry....i ment to say that i live in a nice, but very expensive, apartment.

I also ment to say that NO MORE INQUIRES, IM GOOD FOR NOW!

Hang over!

psugirl :)

4. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

mj, how is that rate usury?

PSUGirl, what are your FICO scores?

5. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Im scared to check my fico scores now. Im going to wait till january 2002 to check them. That way, my new cc's and my loan will have aged some, and some inquries ill have dropped off.

In the mean time, ill let junum dispute and I'll focus on school, work, and bills...life.... Junum will focus on my credit!

psugirl

6. Fat Jake

Fat Jake Well-Known Member

Ooops! Glad it's stops now.. I think? (Smile).

7. heather

heather Well-Known Member

i bet my credit score was 500, it is 530 now, when we bought a brand new 2001 Ford in Feb. We put 3000 down and got 10% interest. Now, I know for a fact that your credit is 100X better than ours, how could you do a loan like that and think you got a good deal? Our dealership had to really fight to get our loan through, so they DID do us a favor, I wouldn't call your deal a "favor" by any means. We were offered other car loands, at 18 and 21% interest. If we would have jumped into the first loan we came across we would have been in a world of hurt in a few years. There is no way to win in that kind of situation. I am sorry for you that you truly thought this was the only way to go and I do hope it works out for you in the end.

8. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Heather

are you a college student working part time? how long have you had credit for?

psugirl

9. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Just to add...

Heather,

You CAN NOT compare your situation buying a car to mine. I was not under the same situation that you where.

You said, "WE", who are we? because, credit doesnt have TWO names. So, if you purchased your car with another person on your loan then... YOU WHERE NOT IN MY SITUATION. I got my loan INDIVIDUALLY.

So, all this said,

UNLESS you were college student, working prime time, with NO previous car loans, With NO cosigner or joint loan holder, with 3 years of credit (actually 2 years because i didnt have any open lines of credit for a year), with 2000 down, with a paid charge, and LOTS of inquires, with lots of student loans waiting for you to graduate, and you make the same amount of money that i do. YOU WHERE NOT IN THE SAME SITUATION AS ME AND THEREFORE SHOULD JUST PASS BY MY POST AND NOT COMMENT, your post had nothing to do with my sitation.

Im sure that if i wasnt a college student, making 100,000 per year, living in my residence for 50 years....and all that stuff, but STILL HAD a paid charge off, I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A BETTER DEAL.

THERE ARE MORE THINGS THAT FACTOR IN TO YOUR LOAN DEAL THAN JUST A DAM FICO SCORE. The whole picture is looked at.

You are in no comparison to me. And, i STILL THINK THAT I GOT A GOOD DEAL. and, with my father's help, im sure that my loan will be below 10% after i graduate. NO ONE MESSED UP MY CREDIT BUT MYSELF, AND IF I HAVE TO PAY FOR LOAN OFFICERS TO SEE THAT IM CREDIT WORTHY, THAN SO BE IT.

If my father, WHO HAS NEVER HAD BAD CREDIT AND NEVER BEEN LATE ON ANYTHING IN HIS LIFE, says that its a go ahead and we will refinance after a year and a half, THEN, THATS WHAT IM GOING TO DO.

Go on with your life, im going on with mine. Im 21 years old and this is my first "DEALERSHIP" car. I UNDERSTAND WHY A LOAN OFFICER WILL SEE THAT IM HIGH RISK.

Thank you for your post, but, no thank you!

psugirl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.