My next Mission:)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Jul 24, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well right now I am focusing on exactly when my creditors updates their tapes to the Big 3, I think depending on when they post to your account can mean different scores are various times if you are paying down your balance quite a bit.

So far

Citibank: I received my online statement, the next day it was updated on Experian results QUICK

Aria : Viewed my statement online, it updated on Experian in roughly 4 days

Amex: I received my statement today, will wait and see but I am betting this should update rather quickly.

I chatted with many last night , boy that was fun, and was speaking with VJ in reagards to arranging your due dates to suit your budget, might be able to suit your scores as well at certain times of the month.

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I have been playing with that also.

breeze

3. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

You're very provocative Mom :)!?!
    I had not thought about this - and of course now I will start to think about this in detail.

EX: I charged $3800 on AMEX Green Card one month but paid in a significant amount B4/PRIOR to the due date. On the actual due date, the balance due was maybe $1800.
    The $1800 got reported - not the $3800 - which would have improved my score.

IF (and its a BIG IF - but - IF) I charge a car to the Green Card, I MUST time this right for the maximum, significant, immediate, huge credit score increase!

Hmmmm....
    c ya dogman

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Hey dog, can you time it right and charge a car for me, just something simple yet roomy that can seat the five of us comfortably??

Yes I did this with Amex this billing statement, I paid it off before it closed, so I am going to see what effect this has on my score, b/c it always shows Amex with my balance from that statment and even though I pay it off or course like I have to, it never reflects a zero balance, just curious what will happen and if I can time my due dates and payments correctly, I may have higher scores end of the month, then I would know the next time to apply if I needed to.

5. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

There could be viable reasons to want to quickly increase your scores( like you are at 665 and need 680 or more for a mortgage or AMEX card.)Don't lose sight of the obvious,don't ever be late and your scores will go up.

Yes, I have All my cc's and lines of credit come due at the same time each month,approx.the 15th,16th, or 17th of each month.It varies depending on how many days are in that particular month, but when you have more than 7 cc payments due each month it makes it easier knowing all cc"s must be paid by the 10th of every month.For me ,it insures a cc doesn't slip through and not get paid.That would be one of my worst nightmares.(Currently no lates, anywhere)
    The reason I suggest doing it automatically at 7 relates to the studies done by Ma Bell showing the average persons retention ability of numbers degrades rapidly after 7.Haven't you ever wondered why there are still 7 digits in a phone#?
    Interesting how times change.In the 50's and 60's it was limited to 7 because 7 digits could still be remembered by most,8 could not.Today, the phone companies would love to go to 8 digits knowing their 411 business revenues/profits would increase dramatically.

Thanks to consistent due dates,knowing exactly the lag time and habits for reporting to cra's by specific credit card companies and open fico access, I can tell you my best fico days are around the 18th to 21st and towards the ends of each month for my credit profile.I know my best times to apply for credit with the least chance of rejection.

VJ