My next plan (Credit Cards)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PSUgirl, Apr 28, 2001.

1. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Heres some of the things that I will be working on within the next 30 days. If there is anything that you would like to share your input on, please feel free! It might help me a lot:

Regarding my credit cards:

Here is a list of all of my credit cards/ balances:

-MBNA America (closed at grantors request) -lots of lates from 1998..., paying as agreed past 12months...balance 1500, limit 1000-19.00apr
    *MY PLAN IN THE NEXT 30 DAYS IS TO balance transfer 400.00 of my balance to a 2.99% card and pay that 400.00 by the end of the 30days.

-MBNA Loan (charge off account)-balance 1600, limit 1000. on monthly payment plan of 25.00. APR around 26%
    *MY PLAN IN THE NEXT 30 DAYS IS TO balance transfer 400.00 of my balance to a 2.99% card and pay that 400.00 by the end of the 30 days.

-Capital One (secured mastercard and visa)
    Mastercard limit is 700, Visa limit is 500- both accounts in excellent standing.
    *MY PLAN IN THE NEXT 30 DAYS IS TO get the executive offices of capital one to combine the cards. both cards dont report limits and it is hurting my score. If they combine cards i will have one card and I plan to mail my statements to the CRA's and demand that they report my limits, they will!....if capone doesnt combine my limits I will file a complaint on planetfeedback and with the BBB. I will close both accounts out. I will still send a statement to get my limit reported.

-GM Card-New account, 1500 limit

-Household MC-New account 1500 limit

-Speigel Charge- New account 400 limit

-Providian- limit 200.00, I plan to wait until end of may to see what increase offer they give to me. If it doesnt reach at least 1000 by end of summer (august), *MY PLAN IS TO close the account out.

-Friedmans Jewelers -Installment contract- limit 500. *I plan on closing this account by end of summer

Question, Is there any recommendations that anyone has as towards my current credit mix?

I WILL POSTS UPDATES ON ANY NEW INFO REGARDING MY CREDIT CARDS!

psUGIRL

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

=========================================================================
    Are you going to demand removal of NEGs.on these accounts in writing befor paying?????

3. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Ive already got them removed off of my transunion file. They are currently beig investigated on my equifax and experian. I think they may get deleted.

Ill inform you when i know more.

By the way, ive been making payments. And they will both be paid off by august.

4. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

actually, the more i think about it....

Regarding my 2 MBNA Accounts:

-I dont think im going to do the balance transfer, there is a fee for it. The more i think about it, it wouldnt make sense to..
    transfer 400 of the balance to 2.99 card
    pay that 400 of that month (there is no grace period on balance transfers so the 2.99 would start to apply to the balance) mean while the rest of the 1100 is going to acure interest of 19% from mbna. Thats like paying two balances with two interests.

*I THINK IM GOING TO CHANGE MY PLAN TO... pay the 400 on the mbna cc and the 400 on the mbna loan directly. If i cant transfer the entire balance, there is no point of transfering some of it.

5. CYA

CYA Well-Known Member

Providian will move you up very fast if you have a good relationship with them. If you can stomach the no grace period.....

6. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

i have a very good history, so far, with providian. I always pay my account in full ever month. I use there online services to pay my bill, and i pay it days before the due date. I hope they do give me a generous increase come may/june!

7. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

My wife and I both have Providian cc (25 days grace). She just got a $500.00 cl yesterday. I received my $200.00 cl increase last month. Looks like every 6 months a increase is added.

I also received a Providian MC cc last month (no grace with 1000 cl).

Wife received this offer last week but she will decline the offer.

Best regards,
    Sam