My offer expired =(

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by S.D., Nov 9, 2000.

1. S.D.

S.D. Guest

My providian gold offer expired today. Bummer. I called the rep to see if they would still accept my processing fee if I sent it in tomorrow, but they said no. I guess I'll try to call the # she gave me and apply over the phone... hope I can get approved for the gold. ~sigh
    Anyone else want to apply? The # is
    800-664-2614

2. S.D.

S.D. Guest

I only got approved for a secured card =(
    It's a start, but I really liked the gold card offer...shoot!
    Has anyone had the secured card from Providian?

3. StinkyCred

StinkyCred Guest

I have a secured Providian. secured it in April with 100 minimun. Kept 100 limit. Paid on time and limit has been increased to 700. Was told by rep today that I could get my deposit back.

4. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Is it still secured?

5. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Should I send the money anyway

I want to send the $49 processing fee anyway. I figure it's money coming their way so they might accept it... on the other hand, they might take the money and run...
    Any suggestions?

6. S.D.

S.D. Guest

RE: Should I send the money an

Maybe they'll send me another offer soon. I threw away the first one because of grace period and interest rate where turn offs. This is my second gold offer from them, but I was hesitant about getting it so I didn't put extra money aside for the deposit! Now the offer expired today, and I get paid tomorrow!!
    Any input from others that have dealt with Providian?

7. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Don't Worry....

You will get another offer in about a month. Same thing happened to me. I got the visa gold offer w/ a $300 limit and I tossed it in the trash. Then like 1 month later, that same offer came around and that's when I realized that I should take to start rebuilding my credit, so I did. I guess while that card was being processes, they sent ANOTHER $300 for $49 offer but I tossed it because I figured that the offer was generated and mailed before my account was actually set up.

8. S.D.

S.D. Guest

RE: Don't Worry....

Thanks... so you think I should just wait for another offer, huh? I might as well. I just get so impatient with all this credit stuff. I have no credit and I'm addicted to inquiring.
    I just want someone out there to say," congrats, you're approved". I feel so desperate... =(

9. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

RE: Don't Worry....

Well, when that offer comes around again....you better JUMP in it. Providian is good to their customers.....some may not agree w/ me but my experience has been GREAT!

10. Carrot

Carrot Guest

Call again, this time ask for a supervisor. You might try saying you got the offer too late and would still like to apply. I have a Providian Card and threw away an offer for an upgrade. About a month later I changed my mind and called a rep to ask when my account would be reviewed for an increase. When told me about the offer from before, I simply stated that I never received it. The rep said that they would sent out another offer since I didn't "get" the first one. Remember, with Providian persistance is the key. You may have to speak to more than one person, but don't give up until you get what you want.

11. S.D.

S.D. Guest

I'll call today...

I'll call today and ask for a supervisor, but yesterday they asked for my name and social when I called. Do they type up a short summary of what the call was about or something? I just don't wanna get caught slippin.

12. Carrot

Carrot Guest

RE: I'll call today...

They may or may not have kept a record of your call,but I wouldn't worry too much about that. They probably asked for your name and SSN to keep track of who they've sent offers to. Providian is not known for turning down an opportunity to make money off of you. They want your business, so use that to your advantage. Keep telling them you got the offer late and that you would still like to take advantage of their offer. Good luck and keep me posted!

13. S.D.

S.D. Guest

RE: I'll call today...

I called and got a one week extension, just like that. Too easy!

Here's where I went wrong:

1. I called the number off of the Providian website (1800-647-8641) and they turned me down.
    2. They gave me another #(1800-664-2614) to apply for a card. I was approved for the secured card (minimum deposit of $100).
    3. I looked at the back of my application and
    saw a # for questions (1800-810-3951)
    4. Got another # where I could actually speak to a live person (1800-642-0171) and got an extension.

Thanks for encouraging me to be persistent, Carrot!! I'm thrilled! =D