My own little Capital One prob

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by klntex, Jan 26, 2001.

1. klntex

klntex Guest

Okay, here is a question. When I moved back in Dec 1997, I went through quite the debaucle getting capital one to change my address. I sent payments each month before they correctly adjusted my address, each time filling out the change of address request form. I would then call the customer service dept, requesting the change, asking that a late fee be waived, etc.

Now I pull my Experian report and see an R3 rating during that time from Cap 1! What is the best way to dispute? With Experian first? I am planning on paying this card off completely within a month-and then closing the account. Should I leave it open while I dispute this so I have some leverage? Thanks.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: My own little Capital One

I think you answered your own question. Ask them to remove the lates.

roni

klntex wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Okay, here is a question. When I moved back in Dec 1997, I went through quite the debaucle getting capital one to change my address. I sent payments each month before they correctly adjusted my address, each time filling out the change of address request form. I would then call the customer service dept, requesting the change, asking that a late fee be waived, etc.

Now I pull my Experian report and see an R3 rating during that time from Cap 1! What is the best way to dispute? With Experian first? I am planning on paying this card off completely within a month-and then closing the account. Should I leave it open while I dispute this so I have some leverage? Thanks.