My response to Trans Unions

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LKH, Jul 18, 2001.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

pathetic letter refusing to add positive accounts that they deleted.

Trans Union
    1561 E. Orangethorpe Avenue
    Fullerton, Ca. 92831-5207
    Dear Sir or Madam:
    This is in response to your letter of July 9, 2001, advising me that to have positive trade lines reported, they must be submitted by the creditor.
    Apparently someone at Trans Union has a problem understanding English. A dispute was sent to Trans Union on May 7, 2001. The accounts themselves were not being disputed, but certain aspects of the account such as amounts owed, credit limits etc. Trans Union took it upon themselves to delete the entire trade lines. The letter recently sent to Trans Union was not asking you to insert new tradelines, but rather asking you to reinsert erroneously deleted trade lines.

I find it quite amazing that Trans Union has absolutely no problem verifying negative items in dispute, but when it comes to positive accounts with absolutely no negatives, they canâ??t be verified.

Attached is a list of accounts that Trans Union claims to have verified. As is my right per the FCRA, I am asking that Trans Union send me the Name, Title, Date, and method used to verify each and every account listed. This must be received within 15 days from the date of this letter. If you cannot provide this information for each and every account listed, the accounts must be immediately deleted.

Also attached is a list of the positive accounts that Trans Union claims they could not verify and then deleted. I am no longer asking, but rather demanding, that these items be reinserted immediately.

Based upon discussion with my attorney, Trans Union, has already violated the FCRA several times in this matter. Be advised, that unless this matter is resolved to my complete satisfaction immediately, I will use any means available to have this matter resolved satisfactorily.

Sincerely,

LKH

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Good letter!!

Obviously you wrote it and they have to answer it. The letter sounds real - as in you wrote it not a credit restoration firm - which is what I think TU is always on the look out for when they first review a letter.

I hope Lizard, Saar and others comment on this problem with TU.

Jim

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

The accounts themselves were not being disputed, but
    certain aspects of the account such as amounts owed, credit limits etc. Trans Union took it
    upon themselves to delete the entire trade lines. The letter recently sent to Trans Union
    was not asking you to insert new tradelines, but rather asking you to reinsert erroneously
    deleted trade lines.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MAYBE YOU NEED TO INCREASE THE PRINT SIZE 36 PT ???
    MAYBE YOU NEED TO TYPE SLOWER ???

:)

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I am bumping this up because as Jim said, I would like to get the opinions of some of the experts out there.

5. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I use something like that myself. Have for a long time now, although I haven't had all that many times where it was needed. Maybe 3 or 4 times since I invented the method about a year ago.

What I do is basically the same thing. I just invented a name for the way I do it, and I called it "the crowbar".

That's because it reminds me of a joke.

There was this little dude sitting on a bar stool and this BIG DUDE walks in and judo chops little dude, knocks him off on the floor in terrible pain. Little dude looks up at BIG DUDE and BIG DUDE says that was a judo chop from Korea.

little dude gets back on the barstool and BIG DUDE judo chops him again saying "That was a judo chop from Japan"

little dude gets up, walks out and comes back a few minutes later and whops BIG DUDE up side the head. BIG DUDE falls to the floor out cold. little dude looks over at the bartender and says "When BIG DUDE finally wakes up, tell him that was a crowbar from Sears across the street.

6. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Maybe put in bold at the top of the letter: LETTER BEFORE LAWSUIT IS FILED

7. KristyW

KristyW Well-Known Member

Ender, LOL!