My Scores Miles Apart!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by benkind, Aug 16, 2001.

1. benkind

benkind Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm frustrated.

Here are my scores:

I have a 489 Equifax/Beacon
    I have a 589 Experian/Credit Expert

In my first round with Lexington, I lost 2 collection accounts and a charge-off from Equifax and my score DROPPED 12 points! And is still there!

And there are no additional inquiries and no negative changes in anything else since the last time I pulled my score.

Last week I was denied Cap1. Just now I was denied over the phone, Getsmart. I don't need a card--hell, I don't even WANT a card, but I need to build my credit because I want to buy a car this year and a house next year.

The score I don't know is Transunion and it is the most important bureau because it is the one normally pulled for me. It is also my worse report, including a recent judgment for for Discover. Equifax has neither my judgment nor my 5 student loan charge-offs totalling $53,000 from my other reports that are from before I consolidated (but didn't REHABILITATE, which is why I have to "not mine" dispute them off!).

How can my scores be 100 points apart?

How can Experian which HAS six serious negatives MORE than Equifax give me a score 100 points higher? I thought the score were supposed to be close...

I am disputing myself online--do you suggest Privist a or someone to keep track? I'm using the CreditExpert 30 day trial and signed up last night for EQ Creditwatch.

Thanks

2. Debmac

Debmac Well-Known Member

I *just* joined IdentityGuard, the Transunion product, to see my scores and report. (Hell, they are the one most pulled in Michigan--ALL of my inquiries for the past 3 mos have been via them)

Anyways, they are $8.95 per month, but you don't get your score online for 24 hrs (GRRRR)...

And hellya I just disputed about 9 lines of negatives, to include 5 student loans that were rehabilitated AND consolidated...

Deb

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Identity Guard gives you your score online? Just once, or anytime?

breeze

4. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Breeze,
    IdentityGuard gives you a simulated score and it is way outta whack. At least it appears so. I can't really tell because I have so far been unsuccessful in getting TU to give me my score either by phone or by mail. My score right now on Equifax is 722 (with something in dispute - real life would be 705, I believe). On Experian it is 713. Identity Guard says it is 571!

Also, they are supposed to monitor and notify of changes. Today I found out my husband's name is reported on my report under my social on TU. IdentityGuard missed that one and the TU report I received today with his name co-mingled was dated 8/9/01. I started IdentityGuard the second week in July. They did catch, however, a new address being reported at the end of July. I was able to get that corrected right away.

5. Debmac

Debmac Well-Known Member

Daingy Breeze

While the TU website WILL give you a score when you order a report ($8.50), seems that &()%$ Identity Guard give their OWN score....

Amazingly, the Identity Guard member page lists, by section number the FCRA......

Deb
    That's what I get for ordering online whilst drinking 151 and cranapple...

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Teehee.

Stay put, girl. Don't drive and don't sign up for anything else, LOL.

breeze