My threat to ca worked

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LKH, Aug 14, 2001.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Some of you may remembe a few weeks ago a collection agency placed an account on my report. They had never notified me in any way about this account. I found it on creditexpert, and honestly know nothing about this account. I sent them a letter certified, giving them 15 days to remove the item from my report or I would file a lawsuit. They called me earlier today, but didn't leave a message(caller ID). I got a notification from creditexpert and just went to check and the entry is gone. They waited 14 days from receipt of my letter, probably just to piss me off, but they did delete it none the less.

2. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

You're getting good at this :)

3. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I may be getting good at it, but Im also getting tired of it.

4. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

I agree. It's 1:30am, I'm researching. It's my vacation time. Good thing I have a lot of it this year :) Will celebrate all this being done by going overseas.

5. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Good luck!! To both of us.

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Can you post the letter that you sent?

7. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Here's the letter I sent to the slime balls.

To Whom It May Concern:

It has recently come to my attention that you have placed an entry on my credit bureau files. You have failed to notify me about this alleged debt. Your failure to notify me by mail, thereby giving me 30 days to dispute this debt or request validation of this debt, is a violation of the FCRA and FDCPA. Per these laws, it is my right to dispute the validity of this debt within the prescribed 30 days, thereby prohibiting you from further action until validated ,including reporting of this alleged debt to the credit bureaus.

The solution is simple. I am DEMANDING that you remove all entries on my credit bureau files, this includes all 3 credit reporting agencies, immediately. You have 15 days from the date of this letter to do so. Should you fail to so, per my attorneys advice, I will report you to the FTC, my state Attorney General, and I will immediately file legal action in my jurisdictional court house.

Sincerely,