My trip to TU

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Aug 13, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well I headed down there this afternoon, they will only see you between the hours of 2-4. I showed her my report and explained that this account was not charged off and never late and produced my last statement showing a zero balance. She said she could change the amount to zero on the spot but couldn't change the charged off status without verification from EMCC, so I said well here's the number to call them. She called them and put them on speaker phone LOL, the man claimed he could only verify through fax/mail and he needed my authorization to speak about this account???????Hello this was the credit agency calling, well of course since it was on speaker phone I loudly said well here I am, he stopped cold and starting saying he couldn't speak on a three way conversation and he wouldn't agree to a recording under his legal rights LOL. So I took the phone and gave him hell, he then claimed TU reported it this way not them and I was always current and in good standing, I said fine tell her that thenm he said I can't I can mail/fax the form, I then handed her the phone and mentioned he was putting the blame on them, he then told her my account was current, funny he told me he couldn't, and then agreed to receive a fax from the local agency and they would fax it "right" back verifiying this account was in perfect standing, a half an hour later no fax yet and they were getting ready to close, so I had no choice but to leave and she is going to call them back tomorrow and then call me. I too I am going to call them this evening and find out why they didn't fax back verification when they said they would. I am hoping this will be over by tomorrow. Will keep you posted

I truly blame EMCC totally for this, and I will call them every hour tomorrow until they fax this information

2. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

What a frustrating day you had, Mom. Good for you, though, I commend you for staying strong and standing your ground. Your determination will get you what you want and deserve. Yeah! Call them every hour tomorrow, if you have to, until the chargeoff comes off!

Take care and hang in there.

Donna

3. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

You go MOM!!!

You are the bomb!

That was lovely, I would have loved to have seen the expression on his when he realized you were listening in on the conversation and then took the phone.

Wow!

Cypri:)

4. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Give 'Em Hell MOM!!!!!!!!!!

Shawn

5. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

How can it get any more outrageous than having all 3 parties on a phone call where they all agree (separately together) AND STILL NOTHING GETS FIXED?? Take names Mom. Hope tomorrow the fax promise follows through.

-Dave

6. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

You are an inspiration MOM!!! We luv ya!

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Nice work! Stay on 'em.

breeze

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks all, I will give them HELL until it fixed which better be by tomorrow morning LOL.

All we have to go through to keep our reports accurate and to monitor these agencies making sure they do their jobs, very frustrating.

9. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

If it's not corrected by tomorrow, get the name address and fax number of the guy holding this up.

Write him a letter acknowledging your conversation today and the fact that now HE PERSONALLY is holding your corrections up by not doing what he says he'll do.

Inform him that if he doesn't complete this immediately you'll not only sue the cra, his company, and HIM personally for hurting your. defamation and all.

And make sure to put in there that, once you win a small claims lawsuit you'll make certain that the lawsuit hits his credit.

watch him jump.

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Marie, I am writing this down, I will be on the phone at 9:00 am sharp tomorrow, let's hope he realized today that I am not taking this crap anymore!!!!!!

11. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Yep. It's fun turning it around and being the one who's taking action. They can stall... but they'll pay for it :)

12. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Way to go, Mom. Give 'em hell.

Doc

P.S. Maybe you should call your method the "MomWrench"... Ok, maybe not. :)

13. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

LOL you are too funny, you must be tired LOL

14. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

Oh man! You rock! I love the part where you tell the TU lady that he's blaming them! LOL I bet now she has a little better of an attitude when she hears from people who say the banks are screwing them over!

15. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

MomOf3,
    You've got this one in the bag but here's another trick.

You have just purchased a home, right? You know, of course, that the pricing of your interest rate is/was dependent on your credit history. That rate pricing becomes a factor in determining "damages" should the issue make it's way to court. A 30yr loan pricing differential awarded as damages could put the poor fellow outta business. Along with the fees for attorneys there will also be fees for what is known as a financial investigator. They are actually more expensive than an attorney ($500 an hr.) Just let this bozo know what he's up against should a resolution not be forthcoming in a very expeditious manner.

16. jtw

jtw Well-Known Member

hey mom, trans union deleted my emcc tradeline altogether today so it's no longer on my report. good for me is what i say otherwise i was going to sue. give them ?ell mom. way to go!!!!!

17. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

good news for you jtw:) By the way what phone number do you have for EMCC????????? I am wondering if it's different from the one I have been calling.

Thanks

18. jtw

jtw Well-Known Member

mom, if i were you i would call Karl steinman who is the vice president of credit and collections at emcc. His toll free number is 1-800-783-2055. They sent me a fedex letter for my records that states: "this letter serves as notification that your above referenced account is at a current status, with a balance of $. Account also has never been in a past due status. Don't take any crap from them call and ask to speak with mr. steinman. He is the man at the top and don't bother fooling with some supervisor who will give you bad lip service. Demand to speak to Mr. Steinman. Also their fax number is 781-829-1804. Good luck and let me know what happens.

19. jtw

jtw Well-Known Member

mom, i'm like you i was on the phone pronto. By the way we've talked before on the creditmania board. My user name was mirage, remember me?

20. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks you sooooo very much for that number, I will call him in the morning and I also going to call back the other guy who assured me it would be faxed this afternoon, I will then demand to speak to Mr Steinman and ask if he can connect me or would he prefer I call him directly regarding this matter he clearly didn't resolve as promised