My trip to TU

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Aug 13, 2001.

1. jtw

jtw Well-Known Member

Okay let us know how it turns out.

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I need a cheaper attorney.

-Dave

3. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Good luck, mom!!!! I hope you get him good!

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well I think I have had success, but have to wait til tomorrow morning for comfirmation.

I started my day this morning first on phone with TU, they received NOTHING from EMCC, so I started calling, I tried to reach Mr. Steinman but first he wasn't in yet, then he was not a his desk. I then asked to be transferrred to the person who was supposed to send the fax back yesterday, first thing she tells me she wasn't there yesterday!!!!!! Okay after I calm down a little, I asked her what the damn holdup was, she went on all kinds of BS saying she gets 100 faxes a day ( yeah wonder why) and she would try to get to it, then she read the dispute word for word as I had written it, I went off I said well you have it right it front of you now do something. I waited about a hour and then called back and told them either I speak with Mr Steinman or else, well a man named Michael something got on the line and I again told my story ( boy I am getting tired of this one) and he said let me check, he came back ad said maam your dispute was faxed back late this afternoon and this will be corrected.

Now I mentioned by local credit bureau is open to public from 2-4, well I take it during this time they don't answer their phones, I finally left a voicemail for them but it was just about closing time. I will call first thing in the morning and make sure she got the fax, yes they said they did infact send it, but this company lies out their butts. I have already filed a complaint FTC ( i know won't do squat) and I am working on my complaint to the AG and anybody I can think of.

5. Debmac

Debmac Well-Known Member

Momof3, you are a powerhouse!

Best of luck (like someone as oustanding as you would need it!)

Deb

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Beat 'em to a pulp!!! LOL

breeze

7. jtw

jtw Well-Known Member

Give em hell mom, don't give them time to breathe. Keep the pressure on them. If you can't get ahold of Mr. Steinman ask to speak to mary smith, that is finally who i ended up talking to since mr. steinman had her call me back. he did leave me a message. he sounded nice but never got to talk to him. maybe a letter on an attorney's stationary will get their attention.

8. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

I know that Mom will follow thru. Once you get the taste in your mouth it becomes an obsession. Ive been there. Sounds like you are going to win. Keep it up!!

9. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well it's been corrected:) The credit bureau called me at 8:00 am this morning and told me, she has corrected it, my score went back up 95 points. She also said I can call back anytime to check on this particular account to make sure next month or any month, that they don't try to report this again, she said she'd be happy to look it up for me.

10. MT

MT Well-Known Member

"the man claimed he could only verify through fax/mail and he needed my authorization to speak about this account???????"

I thought this was interesting --

http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fcra/cohan2.htm

2. Can a furnisher of information to CRAs require a re-seller of consumer reports to provide the "written consent of a consumer" before the furnisher complies with Section 623(b) of the FCRA?

No. Section 623(b) requires the furnisher to conduct an investigation of disputed information when it is notified by a CRA pursuant to Section 611(a)(2) that a consumer disputes the completeness or accuracy of the furnisher's information with a consumer reporting agency. The consumer's dispute to the CRA under Section 611(a)(1)(A) triggers the furnisher's responsibility to investigate, and the furnisher cannot frustrate the aims of the obligation (or delay the process) by requiring the consumer to, in effect, double-authorize the investigation in a manner that is more burdensome than required by that provision.

11. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Congrats!!!!!

I am glad you gave 'em hell, MOM!

Excellent!

Cypri:)

12. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Good for you, Mom. You're an inspiration to us all.

13. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Yayyyy! Congratulations!

breeze

14. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

VERY glad to hear it worked out, if we all made them as accountable as you did, the world would be much better off for the consumers :)

Steph

15. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Great work, Mom! I knew the victory would be yours. Of course, you shouldn't have been forced to fight this battle in the first place. You inspire us all.

Donna

16. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Power to the people!

breeze

17. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Congrats!

Persistence is good!

Shawn

18. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

AND, if the furnisher of information refused to provide any information during an investigation... at the investigation's conclusion the tradeline should've been deleted in whole...

No response and all :) So then if there's been a previous investigation where the creditor refused to provide info.. did the CRA "verify" with absolutely no information???

If I were you, I'd write a nice and yet stronly worded letter confirming the permanent deletion/ correction of this item. I'd reiterate the details of the event

(you being on the call, his refusing to disclose any info etc etc). Let him know in no uncertain terms that, if the errors reappear, you are letting him now know that they are aware of the issue and that reassertion will be considered a WILLFUL noncompliance of the FCRA (It's negligent until they've got notice... then I bump them to Willful)

WIllful means punitive damages and all.

Let them know that, if this becomes an issue again, you'll go for them :)

Sent it certified rr. Keep it in your files just in case.

and

CONGRATS! Winning is contagious :)

19. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thank you all:) Marie, I will do just that, I don't want this company to continue to be able to this to any consumer, just finished my comlaint to the AG as well.

20. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Fantastic, Mom! :)

Doc