MyFico TU vs True Credit TU

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dsl, Aug 29, 2003.

1. dsl

dsl Member

MyFico 699 and TrueCredit 660. Okay, am I correct to assume that credit issuers pull Trans Union report from True Credit or MyFico? Why waste time on a paying $$ on a score only good to us? Confused!

Dsl

2. crofttk

crofttk Well-Known Member

The TrueCredit score is crap.

75% of lenders use a FICO score in one form or another.

3. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

I use it to gauge personal progress.

4. dsl

dsl Member

Hm............and for 10 minutes I thought my hard work in paying down and using credit more wisely was shot! The only reason I would use this report is once a year is to check for any negatives.

I noticed on a truck lease from Toyota a few years back had a derogratory in the comment line. Okay, I was never late and completed the lease agreement. I even refinanced with my credit bureau. No negatives except the comment line. MyFico shows never late, completed lease agreement. What gives?
    I disputed it with TransUnion and I hope the comment can be updated or just removed.

Dsl

5. crofttk

crofttk Well-Known Member

The best source of what data is in your credit file and what may be worth disputing is in a report DIRECT from the CRA. The most useful score to look at is a FICO score since 75% of lenders use a FICO score to make lending decisions.

Unfortunately, a TrueCredit report offers neither one.