Name changes

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Nancy Klin, Jan 10, 2001.

1. Nancy Klin

Nancy Klin Guest

How do new changes effect credit? I was watching Montel and someone said if he chaned his name he would have to start over in the credit world. I thought I'd ask the experts. : )

Is this related to the illegal new credit file?

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Wrong, your credit history goes by your social security number, changing your name will NOT clear your history nor let you start fresh.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Mom.

I think you misunderstood the question. Nancy, changing your name may make it difficult to get credit. You first have to send the proof of the name change to the credit bureaus and hope that they update it correctly. It might bring suspicion to your file and you may risk them putting a fraud alert on your file.

If you dont change it with the credit bureaus, you wont get credit especially if it is much different. My experian file has about 10 different versions of my name from all the mistakes made by creditors. But they will probably reject the application if the name and ss# doesnot match.

I watched the montel show also. Interesting show. FTC director was helpful. But all the info on the show was things we discussed here at some point.

roni

4. Nancy Klin

Nancy Klin Guest

If you legally change your name, with SS just sent the documentation from them to thecRAs

5. Jason Sing

Jason Sing Guest

Nancy,

It is true that changing your name in itself can ot get you a new credit file. You must inform the Social Security office of your name change. Some credit bureaus will put a fraud alert on your credit report if you change your name for ILLEGAL purposes!

More information can be obtained at acu4credit.com/createnewfiles

This is a legal alternative that works.

6. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

OK, Looks too good to be true. Who's going to be the first to bite on this one? Keep us posted.

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

you know what they say:) When it seems to good to be true it .........

I think it is a bunch a baloney personally and I am tried of seeing it posted in every thread!

Mom

8. marvin

marvin Well-Known Member

Just wondering if the board monitor would be interested in blocking the adds? Isn't it against policy to put an advertisement in every string. The worst part about it is that I don't think I've ever seen a helpful post.

9. John S

John S Guest

acu4credit.com is a SCAM!

Creating a new identity (credit history) in order to elude your old, TRUE history, as well as attempting to use this "new" identity to defraud potential creditors IS ILLEGAL.

Stay away from acu4credit.com <-- SCAM !!