NanaC...same thing happend to me

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mother2, May 7, 2001.

1. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

My ex-IDIOT's girlfriend or wife (whatever) was using my information. Somehow his stuff got transposed onto my credit report...even his address showed up on my report. This kind of mess things up for me. Anyhow, I hope everything will get straightened out for you as well as for me.

I wonder how in the world did I end up with such a....... never mind. I don't want to offend any of the gentlemen here posting on this board. Oh I wish I had a "scrub-alert" alarm system of some sort. :eek:)

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Maybe we were married to the same guy....LOL

No, I don't want to offend any of them either as my husband now is a true Prince Charming so they definately are not all bad!! :) However, there are some definate toads in the bunch. ribbit

Anyway, I first found out about the problem when I went to get car insurance and they asked for my SS# and told me that I was already the co-driver on my ex-dipchip's policy. Went on to give me Mrs. Dipchip's name, dob, etc...apparently her driving record wasn't good so it made sense to them to use mine. Then, they went hogwild..figuring why not just put my SS on the credit apps, culminating with a bankruptcy.
    Whooboy!

I'm sorry you went through this, too, but glad to not be alone!