National City Lower Apr to 6.99% !!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by kevinw01, Sep 18, 2003.

1. kevinw01

kevinw01 Well-Known Member

Hello There,

I just call National City to see if I can get a lower apr yes to say within a few seconds.... from 8.49% to 6.99% yeah... same as Chase now.... I am so happy today.....

Thx,

Kev

2. catnap1972

catnap1972 Well-Known Member

Who do they usually pull?

3. Mark LA

Mark LA Well-Known Member

CONGRATS KEV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (how's life, buddy?)

4. cinderella

cinderella Well-Known Member

Congrats!

It seems that you have a lot of luck with calls. I remember you called BOFA once and got a CL increase before the 9 months. They wouldn't do didley for me, told me I had to wait until the 9th month.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THEY DENIED ME!!!

One of their BOGUS REASONS------>LACK OF CREDIT HISTORY

THEY COULD HAVE JUST SAID---"YOUR TOO GOOD FOR US"---BUT THEY COME UP WITH BOGUS REASONS INSTEAD!!!

6. willgator

willgator Well-Known Member

Re: Re: National City Lower Apr to 6.99% !!

KEVIN WHATS UP / HOW LONG HAS CARD BEEN OPEN AND DID THEY PULL A SOFT OR HARD......

7. kevinw01

kevinw01 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: National City Lower Apr to 6.99% !!

Hello There,

Okay I had my account open since 05/02 six month after this date I got a credit line increase from them they pull a TU on me hard... and increase the credit line from $5k to $7.5k and lower the apr to 8.74% at the same time... I have not ask for a credit line increase or apr reduction since 11/01 and I just talk to them today to see if a credit line increase can be given but the rep told me they will have to pull a hard one everytime I said okay I will pass for now and then I ask what about a lower apr the rep saids yes we can offer you 6.99% effective today...

Hi MarkLA, Willgator, how are you guys doing...

Thx,

Kev

8. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

National City Lowers Apr to 6.99%

Could BofA be next?