NCO/Gulf States success!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by IrishDiva, Jul 3, 2001.

1. IrishDiva

IrishDiva Well-Known Member

After responding to a letter send to a previous place of employment using the validation letter posted here on the board, I finally received a response (although to this day I never received the green RR!). Unfortunatly, they ignored my request to not send mail to my prior POE, and my former boss e-mailed me to let me know I had this letter that arrived. She faxed it to me, and it's from Gulf State Credit in Atlanta GA - Portfolio Support Department Ms. Nancy McGinnis, stating the account is closed and will be deleted, we apologize for any inconvenience, etc. blah blah.

I'm considering faxing or mailing her a letter to thank them for the quick response and to never contact me again <g>. ANyone have any ideas, or think this is a good idea? Or am I just happy to have had this matter cleared up? FYI - it was for a Fingerhut account, and I don't ever remember having one!

Kate

2. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

Get that letter so you will have proof. Dont thank anyone..Congradulations!!

3. IrishDiva

Got the letter hot off the fax machine from my former boss - that's going straight into the NCO/Gulf States file I have at home. Those files never get purged; just reviewed from time to time to ensure I've got all my bases covered.

Happy Independence Day!

4. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Great for you!!!

What mailing address did you use to sent your letter?

MartysGirl

5. IrishDiva

The letter stated Gulf States had purchased the debt and to remit payment to OSI here in Phoenix, at a PO Box. That's the address I sent my note to, and I heard back from Gulf States itself. I'd be happy to post the name, # and address of the person who responded; apparently she's a portfolio supervisor

6. IrishDiva

The letter was from Nancy McGinnis, Portfolio Support Dept.
    Gulf State Credit, LLC
    Portfolio Support Dept.
    PO Box 105460
    Atlanta, GA 30348-5400
    800-619-3419
    Fax - 678-417-5075

7. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Thanks So Much ...!!!!

MartysGirl