nco

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by zip, Mar 2, 2001.

1. zip

zip Well-Known Member

i have just recieved a letter from nco demanding 9,000 for a debt that goes back to 1988.this was a debt that stayed on my credit report for the 7 years and then fell off. they said thaey have bought this debt from someone else. can they stick this back on my credit report again??? i am assuming the credit card company who i originally owed the money to must have written it off-- does the sol apply here on this??

2. Greg

Greg Guest

The collection agency CANNOT place the negative item back on your credit report. If that were the case, they would just keep reselling the debt to new agencies and the negative item would never go away. I would just ignore it, because they cannot get a judgement (if the SOL has expired).

3. zip

zip Well-Known Member

thanks greg. i feel better now.actually my ex-husband got this debt in our divorce, guess they cannot find him!

4. Greg

Greg Guest

zip

Yeah, don't sweat it! Just an FYI: I had a neg item from ITT Financial that I defaulted on in 1988 - fell off in 1995 and some slime collection agency placed the item on my CR. I called the big 3 and the item was removed ASAP (I had proof of the original creditor on older CR I saved.) If it does show up, just dispute it with the CRAs and that should be it. BTW, the item has never shown up again. :)

5. zip

zip Well-Known Member

Re: zip

I will remember that if that should happen.This nco shows up on my credit report as an inquiry every once in a while. i dispute it and it comes back verified!!

6. Greg

Greg Guest

That inquiry crap really pisses me off! I only had this happen once with the collection agency, but I gave up! You must dispute w/ the creditor (or so I was told by the CRAs). I never would call them! If I did, I was afraid that they would hook me then! I just decided to live with it and ignored it! They did quit doing it, though!

7. zip

zip Well-Known Member

thats what im hoping! I disputed this nco thing with T.U. I told them to put this with the inquiries that are not seen by anyone but me due to the fact that i was not applying for credit. we will see what happens

8. Greg

Greg Guest

Cool! Let me know the results (just in case it starts happening to me again!)

Greg

9. zip

zip Well-Known Member

i will! thanks for all the info!

10. mba

mba Well-Known Member

Re: NCO on your credit report

This has happened to many people. You might want to go to the SEARCH feature on this message board and type in "NCO GREAT TRUST." You might find NCO listed on your credit report. Also, you can go to Goggle and search for NCO GREAT TRUST or you can scan creditmania.com or http://www.anything4credit.com/wwwboard/index.htm or http://www.creditinsiders.com/wwwboard/. I have posted about this from time to time. I no longer plan on responding to e-mails, but you can learn all that you have to by taking the time and searching and scrolling these message boards.

mba
    March 2, 2001

11. jshimmer

jshimmer Well-Known Member

zip:

> thanks greg. i feel better now.actually my ex-husband got
    > this debt in our divorce, guess they cannot find him!

Divorce orders do NOTHING concerning outstanding, joint debt. Just because you divorce does NOT remove your responsibility to repay a debt that you agreed to previously.

12. zip

zip Well-Known Member

i realize that- i ended up paying off all the debt that he was given in our divorce! had to in order to clean up my credit. I just called nco and informed them that the sol had long ago run up and if they pursued me anymore i would sue them and i could really use the money because i was broke. the woman said ok and wished me a good night.

13. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Greg wrote:
    >
    > That inquiry crap really pisses me off!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    It should be against the law for creditors and cras'to report or post them:

14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Collection agencies like Coldata, CredittrustGulf State like to pull credit report in order for them to know how much chance they can collect.