Nco?????

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Tuit, May 22, 2001.

1. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

sorry try this url http://www.easternpa.bbb.org/pn.html

enter the site and click on more options since you dont have a phone # for them. type in nco financial and Wah Lah!!

2. Tuit

Tuit Well-Known Member

Thanks Godaddyo, but when I try to access the site all I get is "Your Session has Expired" tried clicking the link on your post and also retyping in the address line, same response.
    tml

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I tried it just now and it came back that they had been a member for a number of years and had a satisfactory rating with the BBB.

There were two listings, and if I remember right, there was a different person on each one listed as president of the company. They also have an office in a town in New Jersey.

All I know is that they fall prey to my methods every time. they never seem to get it right.

They have paid off or forgiven 4 different accounts themselves rather than fight every time. They also wiped all 4 off the credit reports

4. Tuit

Tuit Well-Known Member

Thanks GoDaddyo and Bill very much appreciate your help on this
    tml

5. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if NCO is part of Wells Fargo Bank? They claim they are.

6. Tuit

Tuit Well-Known Member

I haven't run across any connection with Wells Fargo Bank but I suppose it's possible they have many fingers stuck in a whole lotta different pies....Did someone at NCO tell you they were connected with Wells Fargo??????
    tml

7. tom65432

The collection agent I dealt with said they were part of Wells Fargo Bank. But, he lied about everything else so I don't know.

It was my first time with a collection agency and I panicked. I did not even know the loan was in default (I was cosigner). That's why I think I got screwed. Over $2,000 in attorney fees and collection fees on a $5,000 debt.

8. Tuit

Tuit Well-Known Member

tom65432
    So sorry to hear of your problem. I can not imagine not letting someone who co-signed for me know I was having a problem. The person you co-signed for has to be someone close to you. People act differently under stress, but I would not want the extra guilt of letting down someone who co-signed for me, hurting their credit and the trust they put in me. All of the negative feelings a person has about him/herself regarding their financial problems is bad enough! What a sad situation for you and the person you co-signed for!
    Anyway perhaps you can call Wells Fargo and ask if they are affiliated with NCO.
    tml

9. tom65432

Actually it is not that bad. I cosigned for my son on a Plato education loan. He tried to get a payment extension. They told him that while the request was pending, he did not have to make payments. They took four months to decide to deny him the extension. Instead of allowing him the opportunity to make the payments, they put it into default. Up to the date of his request, he was up to date.

Their firm policy is that they will not notify the cosigner of any problems. Only the original borrower. They sent it to the collection agency within a couple of days of turning him down for the extension.

What makes it bad is that I talked with them almost weekly about the extension and they never said a word about a problem. Their rule about not notifying the cosigner is stupid and I told them so. They are very difficult people to deal with.

10. Tuit

Tuit Well-Known Member

Yes I agree with you...You have equal responsibilty for the debt, why not equal rights to information regarding the debt? Are they so desperate for all the negative charges and fees that they would not let the co-signer know in time to perhaps make a payment to prevent these charges? What does "Big Business" hope to teach young people like your son about their industry with these types of practices? Sad & Greedy financial world isn't it!
    tml