Need 800# for Shell gas card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mother2, Aug 21, 2001.

1. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I was pre-approved, I think....well that's what it said but as I read further a CR may be pulled....I need the number to check on the status and/or cl.

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Shell gas card is Associates. It's easy to get. I don't have a number for credit dept. Do you want the CS number?

breeze

3. mother2

Yes, that'll do. Yeah, I do remember it saying something about associates. I just got a pre-approve offer in the mail. I called the 800 number and gave the request info over the phone. So now I want the status.
    Thanks Breeze.

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

make sure you don't owe them money. I got the same crap, but they have a collection on me. Could be a trick.

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Whoops! there's no number on my card. Lemme see if I can find one at the e-bills site. I don't get a paper bill.

breeze

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Okay, this is the number on my bill. They may not know anything about apps though. I will look on another site while you try this one.

Shell Credit Card Center
    P.O. Box 790070
    Houston, TX 77279-0070

Telephone: 1-800-331-3703

breeze

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I can't find a number at the Shell card site, but it is Associates, and all the application and stuff that's online takes you back to Associates, then eventually to Citibank (Citi bought Associates) so I will give you the Associates number I have:

1-800-884-1929

breeze

8. mother2

I just called and...

I was APPROVED!!! Who HOOO....yeah baby, yeah!! (I just watched Austin Powers the other night)

Thank you for the info Breeze! Well I don't know if this is just a gas card or both. Either way, I wondering if it's sub-prime or prime. Do you know?

They wouldn't give me my CL for security purposes....but that's ok. I'll see once I get the card. It's probably for $50. LOL but I'm moving up!

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Re: I just called and...

Great!! Congratulations! I'm glad I could help. :)

If it said "Shell gas card" that's all it is. They have another Shell gas card that gives you some travel benefits, but the credit line is so low you wouldn't want to pay the annual fee for the extras. The Shell Mastercard is issued by Chase - totally different card, no relation to this one. My credit line is $400 - that's plenty for a gas card - cash limit is $25, LOL, but I guess if it was your only card and you were stranded.........

Interest rate on mine is close to 25%, but I pay gas cards off each month. They are great if you are traveling, "pay at the pump" is a wonderful convenience. They offer you online bill pay at the e-bills site, but if you aren't already registered there, they do a hard inquiry to set up the account. Mine was on Equifax. Aren't you in VA? The gas cards do not report at all, so you have hidden line of credit in a sense if you don't mind the interest rate.

If you are looking to establish credit, a good history on the Shell card will get you more gas cards - they issue all but Exxon-Mobile, and I know after I had my Amoco account for about 6 months they issued me an Associates Visa. It is my worst card, actually. I did everything known to man to get higher limits and lower rates. They give increases when they're D*** good and ready, refuse to lower interest rates at all. I do have a grace period, so I put one automatic monthly bill on it, and pay it in full each month to keep it active.

I pay the Associates bill via snail mail - it's the only one - and use their phone system to check on the account in the middle of every billing cycle. No problems so far. I thought about getting rid of it, but I think it's Capital One that's going to go, because of their policy of not reporting limits.

breeze

10. mother2

Re: I just called and...

Thank you Breeze for the info. I'm satisfied. I did want a gas card. So that's 2 retail cards, 3 cc's, car loan, personal loan. I think I have a good mixture now.

Now it's time to work on getting these cards paid in full. Not that much though. I just got back from N'awlins and maxed out my cards again....just after I had paid them in full. Ugh!! I did have fun! =oD

So I'm not sweatin' it. I'll just dip into my EF (emergency fund) and pay them off. Then I'm going to work on getting rid of Orchard Bank. Lowest cl $500 and they won't budge for increases.

11. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

New Orleans! Love that city! Went there two Septembers ago on our honeymoon. We're going back this September for our 2nd anniversary. I can hardly wait!

Donna

12. mother2

Bring me back a cybor po'boy. Thanks. Love the city.

13. mother2

oh and make sure you eat at Emrils

Restrurant. Somewhat pricey but the BBQ shrimp is worth the credit card bills!! =oD

14. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Re: oh and make sure you eat at Emrils

Emrils is wonderful! Everyone should eat there at least once. Wouldn't you agree?

We also loved Bayona...probably didn't spell that right...as well as some of the smaller out-of-the-way places we discovered. I'm not sure what places are on our list for next time.

Donna