need a little help here...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ero2, Sep 3, 2003.

1. ero2

ero2 Well-Known Member

I have had the worst time trying to decide what to do here. I have an amex gold, and just got approved for the Citi AAdvantage world mastercard. I applied for the world mastercard with thoughts that I want a card that I would be willing to pay the annual fee on if for some reason retention would not credit me part of the annual fee every year(citi is 50$ amex gold is 130$). I have gone back and forth between cancelling my amex gold and using the Citi AAdvantage and keeping my amex gold (I really want to keep the amex gold for double miles offers, double miles grocery and gas, great hotel offers in vegas and other places through amex, transfer points into many airlines not just one, BVG, good with disputes, etc and I got the AAdvantage card because if there was one airline I would like to earn miles for and use that company exclusively it would be American Airlines) and just calling MCS every year to get the fee reduced as I can see no reason I would ever pay 130$ for a credit card. My question is, is it kind of ridiculous for me to keep a credit card in hopes of calling EVERY SINGLE year to get the annual fee reduced down from 130 to somewhere around 65 dollars? I don't mind putting out the effort to call every year, just want to know if I am being ridiculous here?

Please help me make a decision:)