NEED ADVICE FAST!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bgolden, Mar 6, 2001.

1. bgolden

bgolden Guest

I POSTED THIS EARLIER BUT DIDNT GET MUCH HELP. MY PROBLEM IS I HAVE 2 COLLECTION AGENCIES THAT HAVE CHANGED THE OPEN DATE TO 3/1999. THEY BOUGHT AN OLD LOAN THAT WAS CHARGED OFF IN 1995. SO IT APPEARS THAT THIS DEBT WAS OPENED IN 99 AND WENT BAD IN 2000.
    IT APPEARS ON MY CREDIT AS THIS.
    ARROW FINANCIAL
    VERIFIED 10/2000
    OPENED 3/1999
    CLOSED 4/2000
    I HAVE NOT HAD ANY BAD DEBT SINCE 1995 AND I KNOW THEY BOUGHT AN OLD ACCOUNT BECAUSE OF THE LETTERS I RECIEVED FROM THEM. SO TELL ME WHAT TO DO BECAUSE I KNOW THIS IS ILLEGAL. THANKS THE OTHER CASE IS FROM CALVARY INVESTMENTS REGARDING ANOTHER LOAN.

2. N'awlins

N'awlins Guest

What credit report is that?

Experian, Equifax or TU?

Experian tells you when that line is going to be deleted.
    Equifax deletes 7 years after the day of last activity.See their website at: https://www.ai.equifax.com/eisc/ai_faq.html

Did they original creditor ever reported you to the credit bureaus? If so do you have a copy of that credit report with the information regarding when this account was first reported?

Good luck!

3. N'awlins

N'awlins Guest

When you gather the information I talked about in my previous post, write to the credit bureau and collection agency. Sample letters are on the following website as well as instructions.

http://www.primenet.com/~kielsky/credit/

Perhaps Marie can also help you with more information since she has more experience than I do. She has been giving excellent advice on this board.

Good luck!

4. bgolden

bgolden Guest

thank you, i hope more of you respond because i know there have been post before regarding this. i just needed specific info regarding how to handle it. roni and marie and others please respond. thanks

5. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

ok, need more info

Have you talked w/the collection agencies? Have you paid the collection agencies? Have you signed any new agreements w/the collection agencies? or agreed to any payment plan in any way?

Also, what's the rush? Is there a lawsuit being filed? and with regards to the other account, what are the specifics on it too.

6. MBA9999

MBA9999 Guest

Re: ok, need more info

You are not alone. Feel free to e-mail me. I will respond.
    As of now there are class actions pending against NCO, Coldata and others. People now seem to be posting about Calvary and about Aarow Fianncial. Where are these companies located? Do you have their addresses?

mba9999&aol.com

7. mba

mba Well-Known Member

To bgolden from MBA9999 June 28, 2001

I just came across your posting from March 6, 2001 and I am very much interested in both Aarow Financial and Calvary. I sued NCO over this practice and I won, and they paid me. Please call me at 888-243-2224 (my nickel). Mark Aronson

Your message to which I am responding said:
    "I POSTED THIS EARLIER BUT DIDNT GET MUCH HELP. MY PROBLEM IS I HAVE 2 COLLECTION AGENCIES THAT HAVE CHANGED THE OPEN DATE TO 3/1999. THEY BOUGHT AN OLD LOAN THAT WAS CHARGED OFF IN 1995. SO IT APPEARS THAT THIS DEBT WAS OPENED IN 99 AND WENT BAD IN 2000.
    IT APPEARS ON MY CREDIT AS THIS.
    Arrow Financial
    VERIFIED 10/2000
    OPENED 3/1999
    CLOSED 4/2000
    I HAVE NOT HAD ANY BAD DEBT SINCE 1995 AND I KNOW THEY BOUGHT AN OLD ACCOUNT BECAUSE OF THE LETTERS I RECIEVED FROM THEM. SO TELL ME WHAT TO DO BECAUSE I KNOW THIS IS ILLEGAL. THANKS THE OTHER CASE IS FROM CALVARY INVESTMENTS REGARDING ANOTHER LOAN."

8. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

I have had the same thing happen to me with NCO/Marlin.

What statute does this practice apply to?

Thanks,

Cyprigirl:)

9. mba

mba Well-Known Member

i am not a lawyer. I called one of my lawyers. He said that it is the fair credit reporting act. You may want to contact a lawyer. I do not "do things" without being guided by a lawyer.

10. nursie

nursie Well-Known Member

mba, can you discuss the details? I have the exact same situation (except with Gulfstate) & I'm just days away from filing suit. They've already been notified of my intention, and I can easily prove my case.
    Thanks!

11. mba

mba Well-Known Member

In response to your message to me ----- "Re: NEED ADVICE FAST!

nursie | 67 posts since Apr 2001 64.38.90.130 | 06.28.2001 @ 16:53

mba, can you discuss the details? I have the exact same situation (except with Gulfstate) & I'm just days away from filing suit. They've already been notified of my intention, and I can easily prove my case.
    Thanks!" . . . . .

how do you expect me to discuss this with you when you do ot accept e-mails. I guess you can call me at 412-243-2224. After I filed suit against NCO and won, a class action lawsuit was filed against them in another city. I am told that a class action has been filed against other collection agencies as well. Are you considering filing an individual action or a class action? Do you have a lawyer at this time?

Feel free to call me.
    Mark Aronson
    in Pittsburgh, PA
    MBA or MBA9999
    June 28, 2001

12. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I think perhaps a lot of the people who post on this board don't realize that they need to turn the email thingy on, or they cannot get emails from other board members.

breeze