Need Advice on Judgement Validation

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tonyd, Sep 23, 2003.

1. tonyd

tonyd Well-Known Member

I am going to attempt validating a judgement from early 2001. I just found out it was there in July--all 3 big God's show it. --Now, here is the God's honest truth too!!-- I cosigned a car note in 1997 and the butthead f'd up in 1998, resulting in the car being repo'd in 1998. I was young and stupid and cared not about anything!!! ---so I let it go. Now I want to make good on it somehow, but don't know if I should ask for validation or just send a letter asking if settlement for less can be made. I am thinking a validation letter...but how should I word it? Can I approach this the same as any CA validation I'd ask for? I'm open to your thoughts!

2. keepmine

keepmine Well-Known Member

All the CA needs to do is present you with a copy of the judgment. They don't have to validate. The judgment is a factual matter.
    Get your court file and see if you may have a reason to get it vacated.

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

1* The judgment is a factual matter.

2*They don't have to validate
    keepmine
    1*From what I've seen-heard default judgments are anything but factual.

2*They would with me.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

4. lbrown59

1*While this may be ture The claim a CA makes concerning a judgment may be anything but factual so you do have the right to demand that the CA prove their claim!

5. thetruth

thetruth Member

Send the Request for Validation asap. You will be glad that you did!!

6. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Need Advice on Judgement Validation

They proved their claim and were awarded a judgment. The copy of it would be their validation.

7. lbrown59

Advice on Judgement Validation

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by lbrown59
    1*While this may be ture The claim a CA makes concerning a judgment may be anything but factual so you do have the right to demand that the CA prove their claim!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They proved their claim and were awarded a judgment. The copy of it would be their validation.
    jlynn
    ====================
    Just becaude they have a copy don't mean you owe it.
    There was a case on here recently about a bogus judgment .

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''