Need Advice on loan or credit

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Bill B, Sep 25, 2001.

1. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

Hello,
    I was looking at dell to maybe buy a new computer and they offer financing threw cti bank..I was approved for $5,000 and the cpu i want is only $1,000 and the terms was for 48 months i beleive..Any ways i canceled this order because i know that there is a deiffrenve in credit cards and bank loans from what i gather..I have plenty in credit card credit (23k)..I guess what i need is one of those loans that are suppose to also help your credit..If anyone could please check it out and let me know if it is ant diffrent than the same old revolving credit cards..,And while i am at it what does everone think of dell in present or pass experiences?
    >www.dell.com/tv<

2. Tim

Tim Member

One piece of advice I heard from a former Dell employee, do not use Dell Financial Services. When you use their "in house" financing, you lose a lot of leverage when it comes to problems with your machine. You get poorer quality service because they feel like they've got you.

On the other hand, I have two Dells and both were purchased through Dell Financial Services. I have not yet had any maintenance problems (1 1/2 years). So so far it is working out ok.

3. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

Ok thanx to know..