need advice

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dig, Jul 10, 2000.

1. dig

dig Guest

first of all, has anyone every heard of a lender called American Home Loan.? Today i recieved a phone call from a lady saying they do 1,2,and 3rd morgages on homes and rentals.The only thing she asked me was what my husband's income was on last years taxes and his ss#,and stupid me gave out the info,and she said she would get back to me wed. night.It gets me nervous because she didnt say how much this is going to cost me, i told her we had rental property,she didn't ask me nothing about them,she didn't even ask me my address.,nothing about our debts we have know. She caught me off guard today and now i'm getting nervous.so if someone here knows how i can find out info. about this company,it would be very much appreciated.(if it is a real company)if not then what do we do.call the ss office and tell them what happened? sorry so long thank you!

2. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

NEVER, EVER give your social security number to some random person who calls on the phone. It can lead to identity theft, which can lead to endless years of anxiety-ridden frustration trying to clean up the mess.

You should write a letter to each of the 3 CRAs and explain what happened and ask them to put a fraud alert on your husband's credit file so that no one can pull a report without verification.

3. Alex - Cre

Alex - Cre Guest

If you're in need of a mortgage, you can do the research yourself online, use sites such as bankrate.com or lendingtree.com,
    Don't give out your personal info to someone that calls you and you dont know anything about, hopefully nothing will happen but I would consider taking J. Edgar's advice.

Alex.

------------------
    Free Credit Repair Information.
    http://www.creditinsiders.com

4. spyguyjim

spyguyjim Guest

Try http://www.lowrateloan.com/
    Not sure if this is one in the same.

5. Kathie

Kathie Guest

American Home Loan is a home improvement company that charges high rates and fees that are not properly disclosed. I agree that alerting the three CRA's is your first move.

As far as it costing you anything, American Home Loan takes a second mortgage on your house which requires your notorized signature. So, if any charges appear for anything call your state's attorney general office ASAP.

6. dig

dig Guest

thank you everybody for the info,i just wasn't thinking. how do i find addresses for the trw places or do you think my husband should just call them? thanks again!!

7. Wendy

Wendy Guest

I would be wary of online mass lending - the inquiries show on your credit report.