Need advice

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tommyy, Nov 5, 2001.

1. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

Two months ago I disputed a personal loan account that I paid off completely. I had 16 straight mo.'s of paying on time no derogs. I asked for the balance to be updated and EQ deleted it totally because Citifinancial never responded. I called EQ. and they gave me the story if the vender doesn't respond its deleted . They said it was a FCRA law. I asked how to get it back on because I only disputed the balance not if the account was mine or not. They stated they cannot put it back on. I then asked if Citifinancial could re-report it and they said no? WTF!
    I then told EQ. that they always put negative items back on my report after deleting them why not positive ones? They put me on hold and then told me Citifinancial can report it and put it back on my report. They took my name and ss# and said they would be on the lookout for it??? Will this help my score to have it put back on my credit report?

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

EXPERIAN deleted my AMEX BLUE when I asked for the credit limit to be stated...

I am amazed that it is BETTER for them to DELETE an account with-out a CREDIT LIMIT, than it is to put it on when I give it to them!!!

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Most likely, yes... but you'll have to wait and see.