need advice

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by alice, Oct 5, 2000.

1. alice

alice Guest

Ok I applied for some credit cards online I think it is Cap1 anyway today someone called to verify my info and they wanted my checking acct. number they said for 79.00 I would get a $500. limit. The problem is I'm not sure if it is Cap1. can anyone tell me if they charge $79.00 for there processing fee? I forgot to ask what card company it was from.

2. Cabrini Ec

Cabrini Ec Guest

yOur posted message served as a valuable resource tool in our Economics Class today.

We determined that you need to fully understand what you want to apply for.
    We also thought that a person-to-person application for a credit card would eliminate the problems you are facing.

Thanks...Economics Class of Cabrini High
    Allen Park, MI

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Alice that does not sound like c1's online offer at all.

4. Larry

Larry Guest

If I were you I would call Cap1 immediately 1-800-955-7070 (www.capitalone.com). As far as I know they only charge people $29 processing fee for an unsecured $500 card. (Opened one w/them on August 2000) no one called for verification.

you did mentioned, you applied for other cards.. now I doubt Cap1 called you.
    (and please read terms & conditions b4 applying to anything)

Good luck !

5. miles

miles Well-Known Member

You also need to call your bank immediately & block any electronic transfers! If that means closing your current account & opening another one at the same bank, then do it. You don't know how much these people may try to withdraw. Good luck!

6. KIMBERLY

KIMBERLY Guest

I GOT THE SAME CALL, WHAT THEY SAID THEY WERE DOING IS COLLECTING THE FEE AND SAID THEY WOULD THEN FIND YOU A CREDIT CARD WITH THE BEST RATES.

7. lisa

lisa Guest

This is not a Cap1 rep calling. Cap1 does not have "processing" fees. They have an annual membership fee for unsecured cards-annual fee + deposit for secured cards. The fees are not billed until the account is open and the card has been sent. It takes about 3 weeks to process the application and send the card out.