Need another card....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shantel, Jan 19, 2001.

1. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I've posted before about my situation, but I need an unsecured Visa or Mastercard with a high limit (at least $1000) to add an additional tradeline.

I have a regular Providian Visa and Mastercard and a Captial One, all unsecured.

Providian has been sending me offers for a gold Visa but it's a measly $1000 limit. Don't think I want 3 cards from them. Plus the APR was crazy!

Sooo, who do I turn to next. I don't want to dish out cash for a secured card.

2. Shantel

P.S. I have a 2yr old foreclosure on my CRA so I don't have good credit

3. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I'm confused but don't want you to take this the wrong way but didn't you say yesterday that you applied online for Amex green? I'm not sure but from what I've read Amex doesn't like negative items. Did you try Citibank AAdvantage?

4. Shantel

Yes, I did and say that and Amex say no. No, I haven't tried Citibank AAdvantage. How is that card?

5. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Citibank AAdvantage

The reason everyone got so excited about the AAdvantage card was that you could get it with some negatives on your reports. At first, there was some speculation that there was a computer glitch, because people were surprised they actually got approved. Apparently, though, Citibank just designed it to be easier to get.

With all that said, the card is very good considering how easy it is to get. The annual fee is either $50 or $55 (I can't remember,) or $85 on the gold card (if you're interested.) Since limits tend to be high ($2000 is the lowest I've seen posted), the fee really isn't that bad. And you do get airline rewards as part of the deal.

At a 19.4% APR, this card will definitely help pull you out of the subprime graveyard.
    It isn't the final solution, but it could be the best deal you get for a couple of years, at least. It beats Providian Gold hands down.

6. Shantel

RE: Citibank AAdvantage

You know RichGuy....you're the best! Some people (no one in particular) answer questions so cryptically that I wish they didn't answer at all. But that was straightforward and to the point. Thanks!

7. molly

molly Well-Known Member

RE: Citibank AAdvantage

And if you get the AA card you can upgrade to Platinum, no questions asked. Do a search on this board. We had a lot of discussions about this card. I got an AA then upgraded to Platinum Select about a month later then about 2 months later applied again for AA and got it again this time for $500 more.

8. Dave B

Dave B Guest

have a look here
    https://www.ivisaplatinum.com/loanapp/index.html?lead=CJ&AID=1110905&PID=568437

9. baxl

baxl Guest

look at freebiegrabber.com they always have the most current card deals and a credit card search engine