Need card recommendation

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shelly, Mar 4, 2001.

1. Shelly

Shelly Guest

What credit card companies do you recommend?
    Which do you say "run away!!" from?

2. Thomas

Thomas Guest

How is your credit?

3. Shelly

Shelly Guest

Thomas,

I don't know how it is, but I was successful in buying a house in march 2000 and a car in Dec 2000 and I'm merely looking to transfer a $3140 balance to another card from Providan because they pissed me off (see my previous post!)

We have a bankruptcy that is now 3 years old, we have just our house payment ($725) and car ($338) and that one Visa card. NO other debt and we make $75,000 combined income.

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

By the looks of your previous post, your credit is in pretty bad shape. Go over to worthknowing.com and get a free report there, if your score, like mine and many others, is a 5, i seriously doubt you will get any prime cards. The only card i would have recommended to try is the citi AA, but you've burnt that bridge. IMO, you have the best possible credit card you can get with your credit profile.

Many people don't understand, that no matter how much good credit you have, your bad marks are an automatic decline.

Capitalone may give you a secured or very low limit unsecured card. Perhaps in 3-4 more years, once you've re-establish your credit, you'll be in a position to get a better card.

Meanwhile. Keep working with aria. The online payment system is superb, probably one of the best. Perhaps providian will offer you another card soon.

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: and..

Of course, do everything you can yourself to remove the bad credit.
    Start disputing everything.

If you can get a report clean, you may stand a chance to get something prime. :)

6. other me

other me Guest

Re: and..

I wouldn't go by the worthknowing score.

I have very good credit, and worthknowing scored me with a 5. I only have prime accounts.

7. Shell

Shell Guest

Don't go by WN

I agree I would not use worthknowing scoring system as a guide whether you are prime or not. There are several posters that have good credit that received a 5.

8. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Re: Don't go by WN

As far as I am concerned worthknowing is notworthknowing. I continue to get a 5 although my scores have recently gone up quite a bit. They also continue to say that I have been late on payments at 4 times in the past 30 days on accounts that have been closed for ages. Forget them.

9. Eboni

Eboni Guest

Re: Don't go by WN

Try Nextcard.