Need Easy Qualify Bal. Transfr

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Tim, Apr 8, 2001.

1. Tim

Tim Guest

Hi there,

Are there any EASY to qualify balance transfer cards out there? I want one with like 0% for first 12 months to like maybe up to 5% for the first year.

My FICA score was a 667 last October, but since then, I have been rejected for 1 bal transf card and obtained an AMEX Gold and a RobMay card.

I got rejected for the bal transfer because I was applying for the AMEX gold at the same time. OOPS!

Anyways, any suggestions?

Also, when I was 18, I got a lot of cards, charged them up and told them to all go to hell:) We're talking everything from store cards to bank cards.

Anyways, I paid them all off when I bought my house 4 years ago. My question is, is the 7 year auto delete thing still in effect?

Thanks Guys!

Tim

2. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Re: Need Easy Qualify Bal. Tra

I've been thinking along the same lines as you, and Citibank is my last hope. The Platinum Select card, if you apply directly for it, does offer a balance transfer rate.

Many of the posts here have been about applying for the Citibank AAdvantage card and then converting it to a Platinum Select card. It may be easier to obtain that way, but I doubt that balance transfers come along with the transfer. But once you get in the door at Citibank, maybe you can just ask if any balance transfers are available.

I have a Citibank CLASSIC MasterCard, and my payment performance was unimpressive for years. But after about a year of perfect payments, often little more than the minimum, I was offered an incredible balance transfer deal. Not only was the rate 6.9%, good until the balance is paid off (about 5 years), but they also doubled my credit limit to let me transfer more balances.

Personally, I want approval up front for the Platinum Select card with immediate balance transfers. If you're more patient than me, you could start with another product, convert to Paltinum Select, and then develop a relationship with Citibank. You'll probably get some great balance transfer offers sooner or later.

3. Tim

Tim Guest

Re: Need Easy Qualify Bal. Tra

Hey,

Thanks for your advice.

I am actually already with the Citibank's Platinum card.

I am actually trying to transfer the Citi Plat balance over to somewhere else!

Are you saying if I call Citibank, they would have another program within Citibank for me to transfer?

Hmm...I will call now to see what happens.

Do you know of any EASY qualifying cards out there that will allow me to transfer $9,000?

I actually should cool it for a while because I have been rejected twice in 3 months now.