Need fin'l advice...fast

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mother2, Jul 23, 2001.

1. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I took the boards advice and "exercised" my credit. I have 3 cc, all with maxed balances. I have $2100 to pay towards 1, 2 or all 3 cc's. What should I do. All cards have the same APR which isn' good. 18.9

Prov Visa cl $2500 balance $2500
    Prov MC cl $1k balance $900
    Orchard MC $500 balance $485

How do I conquer this? Thanks.

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I think I'd pay off the bottom two and put the balance on the big one

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

TRY STARTING HERE...PAY IN FULL...don't use it and then call after one month and tell them the credit line is too low to use...see what happens...

-----------------------------------------
    Prov MC cl $1k balance $900

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I agree with Bill. Pay off card #2 and 3 and use the remaining 700 to put on providian. right now you are at 3875 that's 97% usage, pay down by 2100, your total ratios drop to 44%, even though the first card usage is still high 72%, it still would look better to only have one card near the limit

5. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Thanks Experts! I really don't know what I'd do if I didn't have you all. This board is the next best thing that happend to me...next to the birth of my children. ;o)

So am I "exercising my credit"? Is this how it's done? After I pay it off, how long before I ask for an increase?

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Yup..I have to agree with Bill and Mom! :)

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

That sounds good - and then you should get line increases too!! You will be in good shape.

breeze