Need fin'l

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mother2, Jul 23, 2001.

1. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I took the boards advice and "exercised" my credit. I have 3 cc, all with maxed balances. I have $2100 to pay towards 1, 2 or all 3 cc's. What should I do. All cards have the same APR which isn' good. 18.9

Prov Visa cl $2500 balance $2500
    Prov MC cl $1k balance $900
    Orchard MC $500 balance $485

How do I conquer this? Thanks.
  2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I think I'd pay off the bottom two and put the balance on the big one

GEORGE Well-Known Member

TRY STARTING HERE...PAY IN FULL...don't use it and then call after one month and tell them the credit line is too low to use...see what happens...

Prov MC cl $1k balance $900
  4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I agree with Bill. Pay off card #2 and 3 and use the remaining 700 to put on providian. right now you are at 3875 that's 97% usage, pay down by 2100, your total ratios drop to 44%, even though the first card usage is still high 72%, it still would look better to only have one card near the limit
  5. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Thanks Experts! I really don't know what I'd do if I didn't have you all. This board is the next best thing that happend to to the birth of my children. ;o)

So am I "exercising my credit"? Is this how it's done? After I pay it off, how long before I ask for an increase?
  6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Yup..I have to agree with Bill and Mom! :)
  7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

That sounds good - and then you should get line increases too!! You will be in good shape.