Need Free Legal Advice Re: Jud

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Feb 6, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

O.k. so you all know that I filed a motion to vacate my judgment. I paid the people their money and they were supposed to vacate the judgment but I don't want to wait around for them to do it (I guess it slipped through the cracks). So I filed a motion and it was returned because I didn't do it properly. I need to refile the motion but under "I am asking the court to cancel the judgment for the following reason" it lists a and b:

a. I did not appear at teh trial of theis claim because (specify facts):

b. Other (specify facts):

I want to choose b. but want to write something that is sure fire. I paid the company their money and the account was satisfied in Oct. 2000. On the previous form that I had sent to the court, I stated under b. that I paid the money on XX date and it was satisfied on Oct X, 2000. I don't want this judgment marked as *satisfied* I wanted it removed completely. I know the company is NOT going to show to court because the account is satisfied in their eyes (and I have proof) so I just need to make sure that this is dismissed completely. What could I say to ensure this? No, NOT MINE is not going to work.....sorry! :)

If anyone has any ideas, feel free to email me.

TIA

MP$40

2. Carrot

Carrot Guest

RE: Need Free Legal Advice Re:

MP,

Did you sign anything when you received the summons, or was it left at your door? The only sure-fire way I can think of getting this judgment vacated is to choose option "A" and put that you never showed up because you did not receive proper notice of the court date.

3. Cadillac408

The letter was delivered return receipt and I had to sign for it. But now American General is stating that they will submit the proper forms to have the judgment released (as in satisfied!). This was not our agreement! I was told that it would be removed and I thought I had it in writing? I'll have to dig through my stuff and find the letter.

In the meanwhile, is having a satisfied judgment still considered negative? It's only on 1 report (Experian). It was never on Equifax and I got it removed from Trans Union.

4. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

MP,
    Saar is in Law school.

5. Cadillac408

I noticed that....

I'll ask him.

6. Scott

Scott Guest

Your situation is a prime reason why you and others should have some sort of legal services protection. Email for info if you want to let a lawyer handle this sort of thing in the future without going broke in the process.

7. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

MP$40 wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I'll have to dig through my stuff and find the letter.

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX
    In the meanwhile, is having a satisfied judgment still considered negative?
    A
    Would some body in here please answer this question?
    It's only on 1 report (Experian). It was never on Equifax and I got it removed from Trans
    B
    Why should it be on Experian when it's not valid on Trans Un.?