Need help dealing with Experia

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JQ, Jan 8, 2001.

1. JQ

JQ Guest

Hi all! I got a problem with my Experian disputes. I mailed them a letter last month disputing a few items where the dates or amount was incorrect. They mailed me back a letter stating they need specifics. So I replied with which date was incorrect, etc. Well, the 30 days is up and now they have mailed me a letter stating that the investigation could not be complete because I did not supply them with the correct date and/or balance. I wasn't aware that I had to provide this. Could anyone help me out here?
    Thanks!
    JQ

2. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

RE: Need help dealing with Exp

To my knowledge, it is up to them to verify the information with the creditor, correct it or delete it. Do you have supporting documentation? From my own experience with them I have found that they sit on their lazy butts and wait until their time is up then give you some lame excuse. I've been disputing various items for 2.5 years now with little progress. Now they are giving me bogus addresses as to where they verified my information.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I gave one of the credit reporting agencies a date of open for one of my accounts that said "UNKNOWN" and they chose to not fix it.

Since we don't pay them AND THEY ANSWER TO NO ONE...I assume they don't really care!!!

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

You dont have to supply them with anything. They are just stalling. They did this to me when I first starting disputing. Chances are your dispute letter was a letter too wordy. When you do that they start the bs game. DO NOT SUPPLY THEM ANY DATES. They could use the info against you and you may never get the info off. I would wait 30 more days and send in another dispute letter.

The letter should say something like, I got a copy of my credit report and several items are inaccurate. Please investigate the following items. List the accounts and a simple reason. Say: This account was never late. This account isnot mine. The last activity date is wrong.

State you want a response to investigation in 30 days and if not verified please delete the account.

roni

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Also telephone disputes work g

the reps tend to try to get you to say more. but be very specific in your reason. one sentence and stick to it.

roni

6. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Bingo, you hit it right on the head, George.
    I have given all of them too much information. I wish I had found this board 2 years ago. I would have just denied everthing.

7. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

RE: Also telephone disputes wo

Where did you get a number for Experian Roni?
    I get so damned PO'd when I call that number they supply you with and and Its just a computer voice. You know... If you want to know how to make a poodle out of an eraser and push pins...press 1

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Also telephone disputes wo

there is a number on your credit report. You hang on until they ask for the confirmation # on the report. Warning: only supply them with the most recent confirmation #. I found out the hard way that the conf#'s is how they pull up the report in question. If you give them a conf # for a report 6 months prior, then the rep will have outdated info. That is probably useless especially if your question is about a recently placed item. However, I tried to call them today and wasnot successful. I think there was something wrong with the phone. I have never had a problem contacting them before.

roni

9. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Roni:

Thanks for that info. I am really on the verge of going postal on them. Spinning wheels for over 2 years. I'm almost ready to give up and say screw it, I'll wait the 2.5 years and everything will be perfect. I'll just have wasted the prior 2.5 years. The point is, the info is incorrect and its only fair that it be corrected if they are reporting it. I have the verification from Ford Credit that there is a 0 balance. It's not up to me to supply that. I already did their job now I want them to do it. Not give me the run around. The bogus address thing is really bugging me. Haven't decided what to do about that. Any suggestions?