Need Help finding Unsecured Ca

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by SuperBen, May 30, 2000.

1. SuperBen

SuperBen Guest

I am looking for an unsecured card with a fairly low APR. I keep getting offers for cards with limits of 200-300 but no bigger. My credit was damaged a few years back but I have gotten things straightened out for the most part. The only problem is I have a Civil Judgement against myself but that was paid 6 months ago. I currently make about $40,000 a year. Does anyone know of a credit card that could help me out with a bigger limit then $300?

2. Michael

Michael Guest

RE: Need Help finding Unsecure

Ben:

Try this one:
    http://go.to/futurecard

3. Future car

Future car Guest

Unless you have excellent credit, I wouldn't recommned applying for the Future card, they are pretty selective.

4. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

Stay as far away from Futurecard as possible! Although Household Bank has taken over Orchard Bank, it's probably the best deal out there. If you can't get a decent credit limit from them, just apply for more cards. They will allow you more than one account. You can apply at www.orchardbank.com. Another one you can apply for which will usually allow you a $1750 initial limit is the Aspire Visa. You can expect a very high interest rate from them, but no processing fees or annual fees. You can apply for it online at www.aspirecard.com.

If you have past credit problems, you can most likely forget about an interest rate below 19%. Unless you want these interest rates to gouge the hell out of you, either pay off your balances monthly or in as few payments as possible.

5. miles

miles Well-Known Member

You do not have to have good credit for the Future card. I think you're confused with Nextcard.

6. carol

carol Guest

Stay away from Household Bank. When my husband and I divorced, he let the card payments go and I didn't know it till I ran my credit report and found out he was 90 days delinquent. I took over paying Household, let them know what had happened and they refused to work with me. They closed the account, charged me "over the limit fees", and "late fees" which brought my balance to over $4200.00. (Isn't there laws against this if the account is closed)? Every month I paid between $200.00 to $500.00 and they charged the over the limit fee till I got it down to the $3500. limit. At the same time they were doing this, they were also raising my APR from 6% to 24.99%, (in 18 months). The more I paid off, the more they raised my APR, and when I called them on it, they told me it was because my account was delinquent. I managed to get them paid off in 18 months. Then, right after I paid them off, they had the nerve to send me an application for a new card. I laughed!

7. SuperBen

SuperBen Guest

Thank you for letting me know about these other companies. My only question is, how heavily do they look at past credit? The last 6 months i have been doing good but before that it wasnt the best. I also have a civil judgement against myself (which is paid but it doesnt reflect it on my credit report). A response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks