Need help from experts..Roni, LKH..

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by themyles, Jun 6, 2001.

1. themyles

themyles Well-Known Member

Hello, Ive lurked here for a while and rarely post, and higly respect the opinions of the veterans here.

I just recieved my updated report from Equifax and it is totally clean. I disputed five items and all five are gone. I have two accounts on it with I1 status, but there are about 35 inquiries from Jan 2000 to present with about 10 of them being in the last 6 months.

My question is how can I build credit from this? Should I still go secured cards or should I try for a prime card that checks onlyy Equifax?

Thanks for the help!!

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

What 2 accounts do you have?? How old are they and what are your ratios with them?? The inquires may hurt you a little.

3. themyles

themyles Well-Known Member

One is a credit union loan for 300.00 dollars paid over 8 months back in 1994.

The other is a credit union loan for 500.00 paid over 7 months and paid in full on March 2001 and the account is closed at consumers request paid account/zero balance.

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Although I am hardly an expert, I appreciate the compliment. I doubt you would be approved for a "prime" card at this point. I would apply for a Providian or Capital1 card. You have a very short credit history. But, since you do have a little bit of credit established, you may be able to get away without having to go the secured route. My other suggestion would be since you have established a positive relationship with your credit union, you might want to talk to them about a credit card. Good luck.

5. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

What are all the inquiries? Where are they from?

You might have some luck getting some removed if you contact the people who got your report, but only if you didn't give permission.

Do what the other posters said. start with a secured card or two.