Need help!!!!!! Providian

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jpm, May 24, 2001.

1. jpm

jpm New Member

I have been an Aria cardholder since 5/99. Initially $250. Current $5,900. I have NEVER been late on a single payment until 2 months ago. I was hospitalized for 5 1/2 weeks (which I can document) and did not make a payment until 61 days. I was told since my payment lapsed 60+ days my account would be closed.
    However, I was told by collections that I would have the ptty to pay the balance ( 3,950) within 48 hrs and the acct will be reopened. I find this ridiculous considering my payment history and cannot make a substantial payment for about 3-4 weeks. I am "current on the account now" but it is closed pending payment?????
    Has anyone ever encountered this?
    I do not want this closed by creditor on my CR. PLEASE HELP with any suggestions. Thank you soooooo much in advance.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

that is so wrong of them. But they try to sell everyone that credit protection plan so they are probably gonna try to play hard ball. i hope it works out though.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MAY BE WORTH A VISIT TO A LAWYER SPECIALIZING IN CREDIT.

A simple letter stating the facts about what happened, may get them to BACK OFF!!!

4. jpm

jpm New Member

Almost makes me think again about the ridiculous credit protection fees. Thanks for the input. I am very disappointed with Providian. But what can I do. Perhaps inform others of what may happen.

5. jpm

jpm New Member

Perhaps but I will still take a hit on my credit report now. 1/2 of me feels like not paying a dman thing but I can't do that. I wish I could reslove this. Providian can be bastards.