Need help removing credit inquiries

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by waboyscout, Sep 19, 2003.

1. waboyscout

waboyscout New Member

Does anyone have any examples of letters to write to creditors and CRAs to get these inquiries off the credit report? I am trying to get my credit score up to 700+ and I know the inquiries are KILLING me.

Any information anyone can provide would be GREATLY appreciated.

THANK YOU!!!!
    Bryan

2. iambroke

iambroke Well-Known Member

This is what I sent. Equifax deleted them no questions asked, Experian did too, however TU refused stating I needed to contact each individual creditor/lender that inquired to get them removed.

name
    address
    phone no

Credit bureau name
    address

Date

Dear Sir/Madame:

This letter is a formal complaint that you are reporting inaccurate and incomplete credit information.

I am distressed that you have included the below information in my credit profile and have failed to maintain reasonable procedures in your operations to assure maximum possible accuracy in the credit reports you publish.

Credit reporting laws ensure that bureaus report only 100% accurate credit information. Every step must be taken to assure the information reported is completely accurate and correct.

The following information therefore needs to be re-investigated. I respectfully request to be provided proof that these hard inquiries were in fact authorized with an instrument bearing my signature, and for legitimate business purposes. Failing that, the unauthorized inquiries must be deleted from the report as soon as possible:

xx list inquiries here you want deleted xx

The listed inquiries were without authorization, and for no legitimate business purposes. As such, it is a very serious error in reporting. Please delete this misleading information, and supply a corrected credit profile to all creditors who have received a copy within the last 6 months, or the last 2 years for employment purposes.

Under federal law, you have thirty (30) days to complete your re-investigation. Be advised that the description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information is hereby requested as well, to be provided within 15 days of the completion of your re-investigation.

Sincerely,

First/last name
    SS#
    DOB

3. tonyd

tonyd Well-Known Member

You need to prove you did not authorize them, or prove they are outdated. If you apply for a CC and fill out an application, or a loan app or such, or some apartment leases etc...you most likely cannot have them removed since that is normally part of the fine print, to ck your credit. If you rcv a pre-approved offer or approved cc in the mail or whatever, that inquiry will show but does not count against your score because you did not authorize it. In the case of a pre-approve offer you get in the mail, normally if you accept that offer, the credit card company will get one more credit check before a final approval and THAT inquiry WILL go against you score because in essence, you authorized it.

Hope all that is usefull!

tonyd

4. iambroke

iambroke Well-Known Member

*You need to prove you did not authorize them, or prove they are outdated

Not true cause they do not require that when you write them to have them removed. Only thing required is a letter stating that they are unauthorized and they delete them. Worked for me on Equifax and Experian. TU is another story.

5. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

It doesn't count because its a PRM (promotional inquiry). They only receive limited header information.

tonyd
    [/QUOTE]

6. waboyscout

waboyscout New Member

Thank you all for your information. Here is my situation, I am about 3 months away from signing for a mortgage and need to boost my FICO scores as high as I possibly can. I am fighting TU (they are the worst...let me know if anyone has any tricks to getting them to respond) and the other CRAs to remove as much negative remarks off as possible but I am running into issues with aliases and false SS numbers as well as 28 inquiries withing 8 days. (I purchased a vehicle at the beginning of the year and went to 3 different dealerships who ran my credit report after I told them not to.)

So, any additional advice is MUCH appreciated.

Thank you,
    Bryan

7. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Need help removing credit inquiries

Did you sign credit apps at the dealership?

8. waboyscout

waboyscout New Member

I filled out the paperwork with the understanding that they would NOT shop until they knew they could write the contract. I provided them a copy of my credit report, which I pulled a day prior.

These guys are snakes.

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN OFFER TO BUY WITH PRICE OF CAR...before you give them permission to do anything like pull a credit report...and DON'T LET THEM "SHOP" THE LOAN...you will get 20+ inquires!!!

10. WranglerTJ

WranglerTJ Well-Known Member

I had great luck when my loan was shopped around just last month. I had about 6 letters sent to me from creditors denying my loan application.

I just sent them, the creditors, letters immediately upon reciept of their denial letters that I did not apply for credit, I have not shopped around for a loan, and I did not authorize any inquiries to my credit reports. This was done fraudulently...show me proof of such application.

I have had 4 of the six immediately removed. I was going to go after the $1K for npp but I am just so happpy the new inquiries are off. I'm waiting on the other 2 now...it hasn't been 30 days yet since I sent the letters.