Need help w/ CRRR from CA

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by holis, Aug 20, 2003.

1. holis

holis Well-Known Member

I just received a letter CRRR from a CA that shows me owing them less then $20 on my CR. The letter has papers from OC showing a balance of almost 10x that. Letter reads :
    "You recently advised us that you dispute the validity of the above referenced debt.

Collection activity has ceased pending the outcome of our audit and confirmation. In order to expedite this process, please complete the below form and return it to our office. If you should need assistance call an adjuster at (xxx) xxx-xxxx.

reason for dispute:____________________________
    your suggestion to resolve-____________________"

Also has mini miranda on the letter.

any suggestions as to where i take this?
    TIA

2. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

I don't understand the $20 vs. $10K?????
    If it were me, I would ignore it, but wait for the response of others. Validation means proving you owe the debt. You don't need a reason.

Suggestion to resolve - that is setting you up to admit its yours IMHO.

3. holis

holis Well-Known Member

not 10k - 10x that amount $200
    sorry for confusion

4. Thee One

Thee One Well-Known Member

Per what I've read here, your not obligated to send them anything when asking for validation. It's their responsibility to validate the debt, you have NO responsibility to help them. I wouldn't do anything with their letter.

<b>Also wait for other more knowledgeable members to confirm or deny my advice. I'm still a rookie</b>

5. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

First rule, never fill out anything from a CA...

The FDCPA requires them to validate any alleged account, and does not require you to provide a reason for the request...

The FCBA is different, IF it was a request to dispute the account through the OC under the FCBA, then you would have to specify a reason, or they could request one if not provided...

Remember the FDCPA only regulates the responsibilities and duties of CAs in the job of debt collection, and doesn't provide any responsibilities or duties for the consumer (except for Validation, etc., and those provisions actually still are telling the CA how to respond to the requests from the consumer.)

Now, if the OC recalls the account, and sends you a letter that they are trying to process your validation under the FCBA (in some cases thay will); then you may have to respond to the OC with the nature of your dispute...

6. holis

holis Well-Known Member

Ok i posted this at work with my wifes review. Now that I look at it, they sent me a fax copy of what the OC faxed to them on 8/15/03 that has an itemized list of visits and something listed as a 'deductible' but also shows we paid the co-pay on each visit.

1) Is a fax copy from the OC valid Verification ?

2) If so, what can i do now ? They sent it CRRR so I cannot claim i never got it.

THank you all so much for your assistance, One day I hope to return the favor and assist others that discover this wealth of knowledge.

7. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

So your insurance had a $200 deductible?

8. holis

holis Well-Known Member

Negative, only copay.