Need Help With A Letter

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MELDISHA, Oct 5, 2003.

1. MELDISHA

MELDISHA Member

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A SAMPLE LETTER TO WRITE TO CCC FOR CLOSED ACCOUNT WITH 120 DAY LATE AND $731 BALANCE. IM WILLING TO PAY IN FULL IN EXCHANGE FOR GOOD CREDIT RATING. I JUST DONT KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN.

2. Thee One

Thee One Well-Known Member

Check the sample letters on this site. Modify to suit your situation.

Oh and post here for review BEFORE you send it!

3. MELDISHA

MELDISHA Member

http://www.loanlinks.com/loanlibrary/credit_repair.html

THAT IS THE SITE I WENT TO FOR OTHER SAMPLE CREDIT REPAIR LETTERS.

WHAT I DID WAS USE DIFFERENT PHRASES FROM ALOT OF LETTERS I WROTE TO COMPOSE MY OWN STATEMENT.

HERE IS A GOOD ONE TO CA FOR PAY IN EXCHANGE FOR GOOD CREDIT RATING THOUGH.

Collection Agency
    666 Evil Street
    Hades, Hell 00000

Re: Collection Account for Original Creditor
    Account #: 00000xxxx
    Amount: $25.00

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is to inform you that the validity of this debt is disputed. I am not sure of the account number, as I have never heard from you regarding this account. The account number I have is the one listed on my Experian credit report â?? which omits the last few digits.

In the spirit of compromise, I am willing to pay this account IN FULL (or settlement percentage) if you agree to immediate deletion of this account from any and all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion). The purpose of this settlement is merely to have this item removed from my credit files. It is not to be construed as an acknowledgment of liability for this debt in any form.

If you agree to the terms and accept this agreement, certified funds for the settlement amount of twenty-five dollars ($25.00) will be sent to Collection Agency in exchange for full deletion of ALL references regarding this account from my credit files and full satisfaction of the debt. As certified funds will be used for payment, there shall be no waiting period regarding the deletion of this account from the credit reporting agencies.

Collection Agency agrees to delete ALL information regarding this account from the credit reporting agencies WITHIN TEN CALENDAR (10) DAYS following receipt of payment as specified above and will not discuss the terms of this settlement with anyone, excluding your client on this account. If contacted by any third party, including credit-reporting agencies, Collection Agency will not acknowledge that any settlement offer was made, accepted or executed and will, in fact, deny knowledge of any such account.

If you agree to the above terms, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead explicity agreeing to the same terms as the above settlement offer and have it signed by an authorized representative of Collection Agency. It will be implied that this letter shall constitute a legally binding contract, enforceable under the laws of my state.

Your response must be postmarked no later than 15 days from your receipt of this settlement offer or this offer will be withdrawn and I will request full validation of this alleged debt, as provided for by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

Please address all correspondence regarding this account to:

Mr. INeedCreditHelp
    123 Any Street
    City, State ZipCode

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

I don't see anything in this letter that would stop the CA from selling the remaining balance to another CA if you settle for less than the full balance.

5. MELDISHA

MELDISHA Member

U KNOW WHAT, I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THAT. THANKS FOR BRINGING UP THAT POINT. THE ACCOUNTS I HAVE ARE FOR SUCH A SMALL AMOUNT OF MONEY I REALLY WASNT THINKING ABOUT THAT. BUT FOR SOMEONE ELSE WHO SETTLES THIS WOULD BE A GOOD POINT. DO U HAVE ANY THING THAT SHOULD BE ADDED TO THE LETTER.

THANKS!!!!

6. MELDISHA

MELDISHA Member

CA ON THE LINE

THIS CA CALLED ME TODAY, (ACCOUNT NO ON MY CR) AND I OFFERED TO SETTLE WITH THEM. THEY REFUSED TO SEND A LETTER VERIFYING OUR AGREEMENT. HE TOLD ME ALL OF THEIR LETTERS WERE GENERATED THRU A COMPUTER. I KNOW I SHOULD HAVE NOT BEEN ON THE PHONE WITH HIM, BUT HE CAUGHT ME OFF GUARD. THE PROPER THING TO DO IS SEND IN A DEBT SETTLEMENT LETTER FOR THEM TO SIGN, RIGHT?