Need help with LOX > Anyone

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MIL, Mar 16, 2001.

1. MIL

MIL Guest

Hi Guys
    Thx for all your help I'm finally able to find the lender to close my new home BUT " i need to pay off all outstanding collection accounts " Problem is golf state is showing on my experian report ($326 and 196) both of these are from sprint communication I call sprint today and they dont have any info in there system about thease accounts. I already dispaute these with Cr but came back verified I was going to do the validation trick but I'm running out of time any tip ? what can be done ?

Also does any one ever done LOX (Letter of explanation) .please let me now looking for some sample lox.\
    \

2. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Re: Need help with LOX > An

Do you owe these? If so you can always pay them a small amount but only for a deletion in full. Not paid in full. Not settled in full. DELETED entirely.

You can tell them you'll send validations/ disputed it then cease and desist them... or you'll pay them xx amount now for complete removal only b/c you're applying for a mortgage.

Pretty standard technique for making collections disappear. Just make sure to get them to agree to it in writing before you ever sign a thing or send them any money. Put a deadline on the credit removal or they may drag their feet.

3. MIL

MIL Guest

tx Marie ....once again

Actually no I dont owe these at all, my loan office ask me to write a letter of explanation on all my paid collection account do you have any sample,or tips like what to write ? sorry my english is not that good I moved in usa not long ago ...thx for all your help because of you my score jump up by 30points , I use your sample letters .

4. MIL

MIL Guest

Re: tx Marie ....once again

thx lizardking , I call gulf credit today and lady refuse to make any settlement ? not sure why first they cant pull my account then lady tranfer me to diffrent department called ATLAS ? and they able to pull my account with s.s number .

currently I have conditional commentment letter from bank/lender

5. MIL

MIL Guest

where can I get the proof , I ask sprint to send me the letter saying I dont owe them anything and they are refusing these , They dont have record for these old bill 1994-1995

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Maybe the loan officer might have some "PULL" to get them to fax proof to the loan officer or confirm they will delete them...

7. MIL

MIL Guest

thx ,

can one of you please help me with letter of explanation

8. Scs

Scs Guest

Please let us know what happens, I am in the same situtation . Gulf state has listed on my cr that I owe Sprint for an old account. I have never used sprint for anything. Gulf is demanding that I provide proof that I don't owe, I am demanding that that prove that I do owe. the debt is only one hundred dollars. I am so tempted to pay just to get rid of them but my hubby says no way. I am interested on how they got my name in the first place.

9. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me, they put this on my credit report, I sent them a letter demanding proof of the debt,and they responded by sending me a letter saying they couldnt find me in their system! I called and said if you cant find me, how could you place this on my report? They said they had the informatin from Sprint, just not on their system. I sent a letter, again, requesting proof of the debt, which they ignored. I just filed a complaint with the Division of COnsumer Affairs, will let you all know what happens.